Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi kel and chris .I have spent quite a few good holidays at the Marmaris Palace, it is about halfway between ichmeler and marmaris right on the beach ,it is away from the hustle and bustle of marmaris ,but you can go either resorts in about ten minutes on the dolmus ,or you dont need to go to them as everything you need is there ,it is set in a forest right on the shore with a jetty where you can get water taxies or you can walk both ways during the day ,lovely walk along the shore walkway ,great for pushing the buggy .worth a look.

Bluepeterno1
We stayed at the Club Turban which is the sister hotel of the Marmaris Palace.It only opened last summer and has a sea front location in between Icmeler and Marmaris.The rooms have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.There are late deals to both these hotels with Thomson especially out of school holidays.
Kel and chris,

I would'nt go any less than five star if I was going to Marmaris A/I.

wgipk.
As the Turban is classed as a holiday village it only has 4 stars in Thomsons brochure but it beats many 5 star hotels I have stayed in.
Hi Jay Trip just read your report about the turban palace ,we have stayed at the marmaris palace five times now ,but just as the turban palace was being built , we decided on a change and have now been going to belek for the last two years , i love the marmaris palace ,and have always wanted to try the turban palace , we are of to belek again at the start of september ,but after reading your report , i will certainly be trying the turban Palace at the start of 2008.

Regards
Bluepeterno1
sorry to disagree but we stayed in the marmaris palace last year and thought it was dreadful and barely 3* never mind 5, the rooms needed revamping and the food choice was awful, in its favour was the scenery which was lovely, we did go at easter so not sure if this was the reason for such poor food choice, but the rooms are very basic for 5*. i would consider the turban and know one of the managers there and they have told me its nice
We got the Turban off Thomsons teletext pages for the amazing price of £239!(It was £419 on their website)That included transfers,20kgs baggage allowance,no TOD and there was no CC charge.We flew from Teeside and if we could have gone the previous week the Marmaris palace was available for £189.I remembered your time there Ellie so hoped the Turban would be OK as we were going with elderly friends who had never been to Turkey before.They fell in love with the area and the hotel and want to return in October.A couple we met on our flight had stayed at the Palace and said it also was excellent.You can use both hotels apparently as they have the same AI bracelets.We just stayed put as it was so hot when we were there.Peter I was told the hotel is open all year.
we have booked to go to turkey for easter and the only hotels that are coming up on accommodation sites are the amar hotel, nergis and elegance, the 1st 2 havent got good reviews, i couldnt find an all inc, so when i go out in oct ill ask the manageress i know if the turban is open and see if she can get me a good price lol, i havent tried thomsons site ill have a look now
Hello

The green Nature hotel is a really good hotel for kids the food is good the is a kiddies pool

Its a nice clean hotel entertainment is good

We always go A/I and have stayed at most in Marmaris

Karen we stayed at the Armar last July took my two twin grand daughters who were 2yr old at the time we loved it, but i dont know what it will be like early season

There is a nice indoor pool food was good A/i finishes at 11pm

This Easter we stayed at the Abacus Metropol in Icmeler now that was really good real good food good entertainment for kids and adults but no indoor pool

We just came back from Pineta we stayed there 5 times now thats a good hotel indoor pool good entertainment

Hope this helps :D
i havent stayed here but the grand pasa looks absolutely fab, its rated as 5*

have a look and see what you think

pam xx
We have booked the Grand Pasa for next year :D

It is beautiful we looked around it in July when we were over in Marmaris :lol:
thats interesting you giving the amar good reviews as its certainly the cheapest out of the 3 hotels i can find, but most of the reviews were bad i read , anyway ive got a while to find somewhere or i can stay with my mother, just nice to have your own place lol, as it will be last week in march theres not a lot of choice
Ellie if you book direct with the Turban children go free.The village rooms have 2 bedrooms and bathrooms.Im sorry I cant do links but if you put the Turban in google and scroll down to the link that begins turkaz guide it gives prices at the bottom of that page.Jay.
ive just had a look and cant see it open march sadly,but thanks anyway
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.