Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi pinklola, can you give us more info... budget, type of accom (adult only or not), whether you want lively or laid back, food/drink (AI or B+B)..

we can usually help...

ATB,J.
OOOPS!!, just looked at the title of the thread, forget the last query, but the others are important...

ATB,J.
We went to Mexico with a company named The Holiday Place.They are based in Hampstead but feature on teletext.They were one of the best companies we have travelled with.They give you a choice of which airline you want to fly with and you are transfered in a private minibus.The agent in Cancun even booked our plane seats for the return journey and didnt take us to Cancun airport until as late as possible as its very overcrowded.The hotel we stayed is no longer available to the British travel agents.Their website is http://www.TheHolidayPlace.co.uk.
*we have up to £1300 to spend each
*central cancun location no more than 30 mins away from party zone!
*doesn't have to be adults only, but we don't want to be over run with kids
*good food essential!!

thats it really!!

all help appreciated!!
Hi Pinklola, Definately a Riu hotel, they are brilliant! Think most of the major tour companies do the one in Cancun, but I'm not sure of the prices. Hope you find something your happy with.
Anne x x
Hi Pinklola

I have never been to Mexico but can vouch for the RIU hotel chain as girlfriend and I have stayed at three in Europe and Jamaica. Also never tried this company http://www.caribbeanwarehouse.co.uk but website looks very professional and client testomonies are excellent. Also in another thread the managing director even posted on here so was very impressed with that. Good luck.
Ive been to Mexico (Riu Cancun) twice

Its a Thomson only hotel but Portland go here as part of thomsons and its well cheaper than bookin through thomsons if that helps

Jo
I've stayed in a Riu in Mexico (Playa del Carmen) and would heartily recommend the chain
I also recommend the Riu chain. We've just returned from the Riu Tequila where we had an amazing holiday. Our hotel was in Playa del Carmen but the Rius in Cancun are also excellent.
We travelled with Thomson's sister company Portland direct where we had cheaper prices but the same Thomson service and reps. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Riu Cancun is mint and i would highly recommend..... we stopped there 2 years ago....

not sure on cost now.. we managed to barter down to 1200 each...
stayed at riu cancun about 3 years ago. was a lovely hotel in a great location and i really enjoyed it until the mini-bar man stole about $190 from my wallet. the rest of the week i was just angry and wanted to throttle a member of staff, my wallet wasnt in safety deposit box as i only popped down to the pool for 10 minutes. apart from that nice hotel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.