Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Pilky44,

My husband and I satyed in Moon Palace - just outside Cancun for our honeymoon in Aug 03. This hotel is fantastic! The beach isn't great ( a lot of seaweed washed up ) but if you enjoy lazing by the pool you won't find bigger or better! The all inclusive was excellent - with food being served from 6am till 2am and a choice of 6 restaurants. We dined on steak most nights! I can definately recommend this hotel but you may find it a bit expensive. We can't wait to go back, but will save this for a special anniversary.

Hope this helps.

Tills
We stayed in the Rui Tequilla a few years ago and really enjoyed it. The food was great. We could also use the facilities at the Rui Yucatan over the road.
the palace resorts in mexico are good! somebody mentioned the moon palace which is good, but you can stay at any palace resort in mexico and use the facilities at the other ones then! also the eldorado royale is good as it's a good five star hotel but is not that expensive to stay. and it's not a family orientated hotel. just what you're after!!!
Hi Pilky 44,
Suggest you look at the Riu Palace, Playacar. Fabulous hotel, adjoining a beautiful beach, so miles better than the Riu Tequila. Exceptionally well cared for by lovely staff. Entertainment adequate in the hotel, but if you wish for a bit more in the way of late night entertainment you may visit all of the Riu resorts in Playacar (including the Tequila) and even Cancun during the daytime with your wristbands if you wish. We have been to more than a few A/I's but the Palace has to be the best, it has the only 'everyday' restaurant where lobster was on the menu and you could drink champagne from the bars all night if you wish!!
:P moon palace looks wonderful although never been...........its even got jacuzi's in the bedroom........pure indulgence!!
:P
I have looked at Moon palace before and it looks great but I would think that it is more a "couples" hotel. Mind you, I would think that there would be few children around! My impression of Moon Palace was that it was a bit out on its own. That may not bother you if you are purely looking for relaxation.
Been o both the moon palace and the riu cancun AI in mexico. Riu cancun was sept 03 and it had only opened in the jone, the hotel was spotless always cleaning being done, food was brill and the beach was superb. There is shopping within walking distance or regular buses going to shopping outlets. Mon palace was also grat rooms very spacous massive bed although not too comfy, jacuzzi in bedroom. The food here was superb lots of places to choose from, would say beach not as good as previous, staff are very helpful but the hotel does sit in middle of no where.
have just had the most amazing holiday in Mexico.Stayed at the Iberostar in Cozumel.......a carribean island just off the coast of Mexico.The hotel ,the food and the staff were brilliant.Also,i am disabled and people just couldn`t do enough for me.if you like snorkelling,diving or water sports..........or if you just want to laze in the sun and be waited on this is the place to go.Entertainment wsa excellent.
hi
we stayed in the carribean village in playacar and it was fantastic
all inclusive the kids reps were excellent
food was great(my son fussy eater and only really eats pasta
they brought in a pasta chef and he had his own chef for a fortnight)
cleaners are great with all the thingds they made out of towels
waiters etc all make a point of knowing your name
hotel sits on golf course and it is central for all the tourist sights
a must if you have kids as this hotel is great :wow :bow
How about Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun. It looks absolutely stunning, is all-inclusive, adults only and all the reviews I have read about it rate it very highly. We have booked to go in November and the brochure they sent me about the resort looks absolutely beautiful. I am sure we have made the righjt decision by choosing the Secrets resort. They also have another resort in Mexico- Secrets Capri and that is just as beautiful. You should consider booking there. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
The Aventura spa palace is the only one of the group that is adults only... but as a previous poster has said, why not check out the new secrets excellence ... we stayed at secrets in the DR and it was out of this world!!

ATB,J.
Just got back from Iberostar Tucan, all the Iberostar hotels are fantastic - the Iberostar Maya is most probably best for adults though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.