General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
First songs last night I only liked Angie. Infact it was brilliant but none of the panel agreed As for the second songs - bit Candice and Amber gave me goosebumps. These two need to be in the final but I think Amber thinks she is going tonight.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGSYSMyOJI[/youtube]
Going by the judges reaction, I think Kree would be expecting to go home. It's getting down to whose style of music you like now, they all know who they are and won't be swayed by judges or coaches into compromising their styles. I love all of them, anyone can win but If I were a betting man, my money would be on Candice to win.
To be honest, it doesn't really matter now who wins Idol, as they will all have careers and we know from past results that the fourth contestant has come out top career wise. I will be disappointed though if either Candice or Amber go as I look forward most to their songs.
well all I can say is- I hope the 4th place contestant does have a great career.
I am liking the results show better this season( even if I don't agree with the actual result!)
Wasn't too keen on the song choices this week until Candices third song ( I must be getting old!!) but another shoe stopper. Was surprised at the result though the final IMHO would be more interesting if this weeks leaver had stayed
I didn't like the show so much this week. I wasn't too keen on the song choices and it must be so frustrating for the contestants. Candice's song was one anyone could have a show stopper with. But tbh if she hadn't had that one I think she would have been out. I liked Kree best this week.
So Randy has quit. He is no longer in it to win it!
It just proves it was anybody's race to win. They each had a chance to steal the show and as Jimmy Iovine said, I thought they each won a round. I only recognised two or three of the nine songs and I was surprised who went home, but then I forgot that country music has a huge fan base over there, which may have been at work here. "Somwhere" , set up to be sung last on the show was always going to bring a standing ovation sung by one of these three girls.
I have to agree Frank. Looks like she is the show's favourite. I did think there was a bit of a set up.
Though there are good singers this time I have found that for the first time I am happy to record the programme and watch it the next day. Used to be I had to watch it right away.
Thought last nights show was poor for a final, hope the results show is better although last songs from both girls were outstanding especially Candice, got a few shivers down my spine but have to admit I love that song especially when it's sung well.
I noticed that yet again they set up Candice to have the last song and made sure it was a memorable power ballad. There's no doubt who the producers want to win! They didn't need to do that since she's good enough to win it without their help. They are probably worried that Americas country followers will sway the vote and once again the favourite will come second.
I know Frank. To be honest, I think Kree had two good songs and hers was the better potential single. But then I am biaised as I thinl that no-one should touch Chasing Pavements. Its Adeles. I think there might be a shock. I can't say I thought yesterday was the best I've seen. But the results shows have always been brilliant. About to start watching it now.
No surprise after all then. I think we'll be hearing a lot from the top 4 girls in years to come. I wasn't aware till that show that Randy was leaving. He was the last survivor of the original judging panel, it will be strange to see a line up of Rookie judges in future years. That guy was in it to win it!
Some parts of last night's show were as good as usual and some were really poor. Candice managed to sing with Jennifer Hudson and who did Kree get?? Two of the judges....
I always enjoy the medleys - Frankie Valli was good but why oh why did the girls have to sing with a screen??
And as Mariah- why didn't she just sing live?
Angie was perhaps the star of the night. Not sure why she got two duets but they were really good.
Just caught up on last nights show I quite enjoyed most of it but fast forward through one or two bits. My highlight was Jennifer Hudson and Candice , I did think that Kree drew the short straw with her duet though. Loved the Frankie Valley melody and it would have been better if Aretha could have been there she can still pack a bit of a punch for her age. Mariah needs to learn to mime in time to her music if she's not going to sing live fab frock though.
I've really enjoyed this series will be interesting to see these girls appear as guests in future series.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.