General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
American Idol
35 Posts
Haven't watched it so far Fiona so may do the catch up later this week :tup
I'm still playing catch up with this hoping to watch a couple of episodes today if OH goes to the gym. Loving Curtis so far he has a brilliant voice
With the possible exception of one guy, the girls seem much better than the boys, to me anyway. Having just listened to tonight's show, at least 3 of the girls are superstars already. Is Curtis the gospel/soul singer? He was really good, the only man who stands a chance in my opinion!
I can't believe what just happenned !
I was very surprised but I don't think he was very good on this weeks show however for me Paul or Devin should have gone
Thought Candice was outstanding.
It may have something to do with the fact that his criminal record was splashed over the papers this week.
http://www.wetpaint.com/american-idol/articles/american-idols-curtis-finch-jr-arrested-in-church-theft-exclusive

He was never going to make the final as Joshua Ledet last season was a better singer but still didn't make it. Song choice was his downfall I think.
Farrah Fawcett is apparently a favourite to win
Well it's clear now that the girls are going to form the top 3. Lazaro Arbos was terrible last night, and should have gone home 3 weeks ago. There were some stellar performances from the girls who keep changing places in my top 3, depending on the genres they sing in. However Candice really did blow everyone away with her superstar performance in her second song which left the judges lost for words, it was a true " moment" in Idol history.
Havnt watched this weeks shows yet but did see on FB who was booted off.
My favourite is Candice I loved her singing "I who have nothing' although Amber Bree and Angie are very good too I think it's going to be a very close run thing as to who wins.
So glad Lazaro went last night, he's not been good for a few weeks.

Candice on Thursday night was absolutely amazing, got goosebumps when she sang. Also love Kree so they would be my top two. Not sure about the other three. Angie is excellent behind the piano and singing her own songs but this week she was a bit weak, Janelle is lovely but didn't have a good week this week and Amber, has so much talent but again, for me wasn't as good this week.

I am loving panel this year, wasn't sure about Niki Minaj but she has some brilliant moments, Randy is his usuall great self and Mariah has proved to be better than I thought she would be. But Keith Urban is a revelation, love him.
Caught up with this weeks show and wow how good is Candice, her first song was fab but the second one was outstanding it actually made me cry!
The rest of them bored me during the first round and proved a bit the second with the exception of Lorenzo he was just bad!!! Although I did think when he sang for the save it was the best I heard him.
OMG! just caught up with it. Candice made my cry. Watched AI right the way through from first season and this is one of the best songs ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7acuT6Sydc4
Interesting to see who goes out tonight. Amber and Kree were my favourites last night. I think it might be Janelle going.
In any other year, any one of them could have won. They are all so outstanding in their own genres so the placings vary with song choice. Kree is better at country than Janelle.
Fantasia was very good. Think the right person went this week, I was please Amber wasn't in the bottom two. I think any if the four that's left would be a worthy winner but Candice is my favourite.
Fantasia and Carrie Underwood are my favourite Idol winners. I still have a VCR recording of Fantasias winning song, it's now on YouTube, but it was the most memorable finale for me. She had a titanic battle with Diana de Garmo singing the song "I believe". Fantasias version was truly sensational and I have it on my IPod.
http://youtu.be/0gfBMrgBa34

On Friday she did not disappoint, but some of this years girls may yet equal her.
Well this week it was the last four girls and they each sang two songs and a duet. The outstanding duet from Candice and Angie was another Idol "Moment" and that - combined with Angies piano rendition of Jessie J's "Who You Are" made her my this weeks favourite. There was a twist this week, but it was obvious what it was going to be, given that "the save" had never been used.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.