Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
http://www.apartments-for-rent.com/amsterdam/apartments/PrinsBrouwer/

Hi

i was thinking of booking this for 6 of us stay on. It is in the jordann area, what are your views on it.
Looks great Chris. I love the Jordaan, something different around every corner, and the Brouwersgracht is a nice area. I'd go for it!
Thanks i've put a request in for it. I just keep checking my e-mails for a reply.

I've done some research on the area and i liked the look of it.

I didn't actually visit this area when i went to amsterdam. so that is something new. The boat looks nice. And there is a decking area that we can sit on and have a drink at night.
Hi all

Me and a friend got some cheap flights £58 return from are local airport.

We were wanderinf if its easy to get somewhere cheap to stay once we are there.

We thought it would make it more fun this way. But obviously we dont want to get there and be stuck with nowhere to stay.

Has anyone done it this way before?
Planning another trip to Amsterdam in March and the hotel I wanted to book (The Luxer) is fully booked, have found the above hotels, has anybody stayed in them or know anything good or bad about them. Another one was Prins Hendrick. Have checked on Tripadvisor and seem to be okay.

Thanks

Polly
Now booked for our 4th trip to Amsterdam, go on Saturday 24th March for 3 nights, we are staying at the Frisco Inn : http://www.friscoinn.com as recommended by a member of this forum a couple of posts back, sorry do not know how to post a link to the posting but it was pinkladywales, really looking forward to it, will post a report on my return. Just me and hubby on this trip but we are going again mid June (nothing booked yet) but with friends this time, guess we like the place :wink:

Manxpolly
Well we are back, weather was lovely and we had a good time even though I managed to fall over a piece of concrete down one of the little side streets on Sunday night (was not even drunk enough to deaden the pain) and ended up with a black eye. Hotel was good report to follow in hotels section, cheap and cheerful, only slight downside was the steep stairs up and down to the rooms, but was only a minor blip in fact we are going to stay there again in June with our friends. Had a lovely meal in the Grasshopper but paid £5 for a bottle of Magners :yikes at the bar. We briefly visisted the red light district on Saturday night but spent most of our drinking time at Liedesplein or Rembrandt Square either in the Irish Pub (had a nice meal in there as well) and the pub just down from this Cocos Outback and for a quiet drink the Three Bells which was on the opposite corner. We also went to Artis Zoo which was very good, the meerkats were sunbathing and really enjoyed walking through where the butterflies were flying around in the tropical atmosphere. We caught the tram alot this time as well rather than walking everywhere, we bought a two day ticket.

Roll on June when we go again with our friends who have not been before, will take them to Anne Franks, the Heineken Factory, the Zoo and the Sex Museum for a laugh and of course a wander throught the red light district on Saturday night.

Polly
Just got back, had a great time as usual. Stayed at the swissotel on Dam Square - was amazing. Just wanted to let you know I've done a report for it.
Back already Donna? Thanks for the hotel review, sounds like it was a good choice. Looking forward to the trip report now! :wink:

luci :wave
Can anyone recommend a good hotel, in Amsterdam, near to the Liedesplein please.
No Breakfast wanted...... Just a nice decent room.
For a couple.

Thank you.
I've just booked my cousin and her boyfriend into the NH Caransa which gets good reviews.
Thank you Glynis,I will have a look :D

Can anyone comfirm that the Westropa is now called Tulip Inn?
August weekend all fully booked :(

Back to google search
Kazzzza try :- http://www.hotels.nl/amsterdam/caransa/ I've done a quick search and there's availability but am not sure of your exact dates.

http://www.hotel-rates.com/netherlands/amsterdam/nh-caransa.html have it also.

Best bet is to try the above then do a Google search for the hotel and check each one. Some may have allocated rooms.
Kazzzza

I have stayed twice in Tulip Inn hotel on room only basis, think i booked it thru Hotels.nl but can't check as i don't have info to hand sorry but the price was pretty reasonable
Hi all :wave Can anyone suggest a nice hotel for myself hubby and 17 yr old daughter.
Thanks Sue
Hi Sue. Can you give some idea of what you're looking for, budget, area, etc.?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.