Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
antibiotics
7 Posts
Been a while since I bought some over the counter, can't see it has changed tho'. ;)
You used to be able to, but for a year or more now it has been necessary to have a prescription. Some chemists can be a bit, erm, "flexible", but generally you would need to see a doctor to get the scrip.
just beware if you do get any over the counter.they can give you a much stonger dose than here in the uk.just ask them nicely if you do need any.but take your own is best bet.i have had no problems in ibiza.when i have had them even the chemist as said take antibiotics.for what i needed them for.

if not take your uk prescription with you.same with any other tablets might need.
In 2008 I managed to get a canny few boxes of Amoxycillen for €2.70 a box - hoping that's still the case as it saved me and DH a fair few extortionate prescription charges. Was hoping it would be the same when we go this year!
just a friendly reminder :) Please don't use antibiotics unless you REALLY need them, they do not work for colds and flu or any other viral infection (unless there is a secondary bacterial infection). If you are prescribed antibiotics please take the full course otherwise the bacteria can build up resistance to the antibiotic. :)
plus if the dose is higher than you normally have and you feel sick ect.stop taking them right away.drink loads of water and sleep is the best way to cure it.i had some a few years ago for my throat.too stong really.knocked me out for 2 days.was on my last two tablets as well.but throat was fine.

some people are ok.but i think they upset my tummy.just gets me how cheap they are in spain to buy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.