Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Antibiotics
14 Posts
my wife buys sleeping tablets over there so i would think you should be ok
What a shocker!! Sleeping tabs. What kind are they - herbal?

Anne
I bought some last year. Best to take an old pack with you as the names can be slightly different and you will be offered a variety of dosages.
We purchased some in the chemist in Olu D last year, they were very helpful. (wish you could get them at the chemist here, it would cure the waiting time to get a Drs appoinment overnight :roll: )
  • Edited by doe 2007-05-06 13:53:31
Yes, you can get Amoxycillin at any chemist in Turkey without prescription. Take an old pack with you, as the dosage could be different to what you currently get here.

Typical adult dose of Amoxycillin in Turkey is a 1000mg tablet, taken every 12 hours. I remember asking for some when I had a tooth abcess, I was on 250mg from my dentist prescription in the UK - when I showed the pharmacist in Turkey the old pack, he said "is this for a child?".

Elaine
I bought the normal dosage 500 you get here, in Marmaris last year although you could get 250 as well.

Margaret
first time i ever went to turkey ,i took a bad cold went to a chemist for some nasal spray . it was about £1.99 our money so i handed over £2.00
the girl gave me the spray and two asprin i was trying to tell i did not have a sore head and did not need asprin,but she explained in broken english that as they had no coin to the value of one pence that was my change ,you can buy most medicines in turkey over the counter may be different names , just make sure.

bluepeterno1
Thanks everyone. That's very helpful.
i always buy amoxacillin in turkey just incase of an infection when im in the uk as my dentist is over there
only class a drugs need a presciptrion so just see a local doctor he will do a prescription but these are about 25quid i think
hi

does anyone know if you can buy eurythrimicin over there as my youngest son is allergic to penicillin and i am worried if he gets an ear infection or something from the pool i wont be able to get anything over the counter.

thanks

kelly
x
Yes Kelly you can buy Erythromycin,I got some last year.

Diane
thanks Diane

i am sure he will be fine but you never know!!

kelly
x
Hi All, We are going to OLU in August to Lykia World a complex with lots of pools and my daughter is prone to ear infeections could you tell me how much does it cost for the antibiotics over the counter she is 14 and will neeed adult antibiotics.Yours Janice
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.