Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
hello, just returned home from santo tomas today, we left on the 9th of may and the weather showed 7 days of heavy rain on the net before we left.We had at least 3 days of heavy rain at the start of the week but the weather brightnd up towards the end of the week.
Thanks for your reply. It's hard to work out what's what as all the different sites seem to show different forecasts! The BBC one especially seems to show lower temp's than the others. Its hard to know what to pack!
Do you mind me just asking how warm it was? The forecasts for the last week showed about 16 degree's, would you say that was about right?

Sorry to be a pest! Hope you had a nice holiday despite the rain.

Livvy
Have a look at a Spanish weather service http://www.aemet.es/en/portada

Rather than the BBC or the Weather.com sponsered sites.

Appears that light showers, temps during day around 22c, at night around 14c

Having a quick check the Spanish service agrees roughly with the Weather.com forecast. The BBC forecast, as mentioned, is approx 4/5c colder.

I'm sure with the power of the sun and a warm wind, when the showers stop, it'll be nice and toasty. Bit like the UK was last week. :tup
Hi you could go to this site http://www.menorca-net.co.uk you need to register,there are daily forecasts from ex-pats who live there.It is also a good site for further info on menorca.

regards mary.
Hi i went last august, and talk about four seasons in one day we had that all week! their was cloud, rain, wind, thunderstorms and a little bit of sunshine!!!! :sun2
Thanks everyone! Great links, very helpful and its looking ok :)
hello again, i think the weather in menorca depends on the wind if its windy it was quite cool but when the sun came out it was warm without being to sticky which was nice, but i wouldn't go back this time of year the weather seemed to unpridictable. When it rains in menorca there is nothing to do, its even harder trying to occupy children!!!
Hi

We were in Menorca from 3rd to 16th May, first 7 days were clear skies and sunny, then rained very heavily next day, but only in some parts of the island. We were staying in Son Bou, but on that day drove to see friends in Punta Prima, had lunch outside in harbour in Es Castell.....no rain, lovely day, drove back to Son Bou and could see by the huge puddles they had very heavy rain, next morning rained but then cleared up and a bit cloudy some of the time, but warm and enjoyable. So proves that it could depend where on the island you are, but know Menorca very well, been many times, and forget your worries, I think you will have good weather, just take a warm cover up maybe for late evenings.

Have a good time, sure you will.

Lena
Hi there

Thanks for that. We may well hire a car so that we can travel around and dodge any bad weather!
We have been to Menorca just once before and stayed in Son Bou. It was early June 2004 and they were experiencing a heatwave so we had hot sunny weather for two weeks solid...bliss!

We are staying in Cala n Bosch this time (princesa playa apartments I think !) and would like to go back to Fornells and Son Bou for a visit.

Bit of a random question this but I don't suppose you know of the resturant 'Cobblers'? (In Mahon if I remember rightly?) If was our favorite place but I have heard it has been taking over and isnt so good now. Just wondered if you or anyone knew of it?

Thanks again
Livvy
Hi Livvy

I am almost certain the restaurant you refer to is in Alayor, and yes Cobblers has been taken over, Simon ran it for years, we met a couple in a beach bar and whilst chatting to them , they told us they had been there the previous evening, and that they were hesitant having visited many times when Simon was there, but that they were pleasantly surprised, said it was excellent, I think it should be at the price they paid, for four with meals and drinks the bill was 192 euros, must say the guy commented he was happy to pay!

If you have not visited since 04 think you will discover all prices have shot up! I am told particularly food in supermarkets, we stayed in hotel so did not check this out ourselves, but friends who work there told me. Bottles of wine, still good value, but bottles of spirits no, as cheap in UK not worth trawling home.

Have a good holiday.

Lena
Hi Lena

We may have to make a visit and check it out. (sorry just re-read my post, it was very shoddy I did mean 'taken' over rather than 'taking' (blushes!)

I have heard prices are high in Menorca now. We went to portugal last year and that was pricey too. Also the Euro rate against the pound is dreadful isnt it? Oh well, looks like Mr Credit Card will get another airing :(
Liv
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.