Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
August is probably the most expensive month of the year for UK flights to Mallorca. We are going end-Aug and booked a year in advance because, from experience, I've yet to find an airline that reduces fares in the run-up to the departure. Usually the opposite is the case these days, fares go up the nearer to the departure.
Good luck, and do tell us all if you do find a site with bargains.
Try the flight checker on moneysavingexpert.com, it checks budget flight and may mean
flying there and back with different airlines, but may well save you a few quid

CLICK HERE FOR MSE FLIGHT CHECKER

Let us know how you get on :)
Hi,which airport are you able to fly from? We are going in august but book our flights well in advance. we are going with easyjet this year,previous years we used jet2.

bamburghsue.
We were doing a quick recce of Ryanair's site to get an idea for next August and they were MILES cheaper than Jet2 etc, so much so that we'd seriously consider flying from Edinburgh (rather than our very local Newcastle).
Hi Tis,we have flown from edinburgh in the past,it's only an extra 15 minutes in the car for us. Don't know if its cheaper due to some of scottish children being back to school?

Was it alot cheaper and when were you thinking of travelling?

bamburghsue.
While waiting in the queue for a RyanAir flight out of Edinburgh to Germany recently we were surrounded by passengers going to Palma. Several were heard to comment that they had gotten the flight for £4.49 one-way before tax and other charges. I underline that that was a mid-week flight, rather than the weekend, and I suspect they had booked well in advance since RyanAir are not known for knock-down prices immediately before departure. All-in-all, certainly worth checking out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.