Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
tracy99,

It's quite common unfortunately. We almost have an annual topic about the flight changes!

Darren
Yep - ours were changed last year and again this year. Luckily for us, only by ten minutes!
Our outbound flight on Friday 5th August is still the same, our return flight has changed from 07:30 to 17:00 on Monday 22nd August.

It's actually better for us, get an extra morning around the pool.

Flights Manchester to Dalaman return.

Dave
I have been using aegeanflights for a few years now.We used to book Monday flights from Manchester to Dalaman,but they were always changing them,then we decided one year to fly from Liverpool,they changed the times of that flight 5 times and in the end cancelled it !!.Now we always go on a Friday and had no changes for the last 2 years.I can put up with it as we have only paid £118 each for the flights for this summer. ;)
we have flown with them a few times,but never had a change like this.we were staying at the hilton,the night before,but they won't change the date,because it was a non refundable rate & i can't find a phone number,to see if we can change the executive lounge,so will probably lose this as well :que
tracy
We've just had a change too, out 30th June back 15th July, return flight to Glasgow has been changed slightly but only about an hour different.

My brother has flights too, out 24th June back 9th Jully, both his flights have been changed by one or two hours.

Happens every year! Expect another change though sometimes there is more than one.
we have flown with them a few times,but never had a change like this.we were staying at the hilton,the night before,but they won't change the date,because it was a non refundable rate & i can't find a phone number,to see if we can change the executive lounge,so will probably lose this as well

I've been caught out before, I now only book extras like car parking once the season starts and the flights have been OK for a few months. Flights tend to change in January every year once they see demand and have agreed the slots with the airports and air traffic control.

Dave
Yes our Manchester/Dalaman flights have been changed.

Was originally outbound 21.45 on 13/6/11
Inbound 17.15 on 27/6/11

Been changed to 09.00 on 12/6/11, inbound 05.30 :yikes on 26/6/11

Means we have to pay for an extra nights hotel for the 12th unless we can get them to swap it for the last night which we now won't be using.

Flights not particularly cheap by the time you've added all the extra's on (£190 each) but was ok considering the original convenient return flight time.-5.30 am is not quite so convenient!

Still, at least it means we only have to book 10 working days off work rather than 11 so we can save that extra day to use during the BBQ summer we've been promised again this year......
ours have been changed too.. we fly from east midlands on 3rd july fly bk on 17th.. i think ours has changed only by minutes cant remember original times :think but i know we landed early hrs of monday mornin n we still do.... hopefully they wont change again ...not to worried as omg as i get there lol xx :rofl

enjoy ya hols folks :sun2
yes my flights have been changed from 11.00 oclock to 08.55to bodrum thats two hours earlier so not bothered
that means arriving in bodrum 2 hours early
tony
We were due to fly one way Birmingham to Dalaman at 0925 on the 17th July. Nice day time flight, though they did change the departure to 0820 back in December but this was okay.

We got a phone call yesterday to say there were no longer any flights on Sundays from Birmingham and that we could either cancel or fly out 2025/0225 the day before. Not best pleased but we only paid £75 a seat and it would now cost us £400 to transfer to Thomas Cook and that would also be a night flight too. Unfortunately, we are flying back with Thomas Cook into Birmingham so can't change the departure airport without losing a small fortune :(
Just got an email looks like I'm getting a 6 week holiday now

Hello,

Reference ******

Please be advised that unfortunately the Glasgow to Dalaman flight on the 08/7/11 and the Dalaman to Glasgow flight on the 22/7/11 is no longer operating.

We can offer as a alternative:

07/6/11 Glasgow to Dalaman departing 20:45 Arriving 02:55

21/7/11 Dalaman to Glasgow departing 17:30 Arriving 19:50

If the alternatives are not suitable the we are offering a free of charge cancellation with a full refund

Please could you confirm receipt of this email and advise if you are able to accept the alternative?

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience
caused by this change and if you would like to discuss this change at all,
please do not hesitate to call us on 0844 415 2444
Looks like a typo to me Stoddy - think it should read 7/7/11!
I did realise that but I think I prefer the thought of a 6 week holiday if you don't mind cazzholy :cheers :rofl
Hmmm ..... 2 weeks in Turkey or 6 weeks?? Not a tough decision eh?!
hi as anyone got an email about flight ohy1508 out of man/bodrum about a minor change leaving 08.55 and arriving back 07.55
just got a email to say Please be advised that unfortunately, the Leeds Bradford to Dalaman flight route has been cancelled for 2011.

bollocks
Same here loates. First time we'd booked from our home city of Leeds and heard today that it's cancelled and would we like to choose Doncaster or Manchester. The answer is no we wouldn't but Jet2 from Leeds is about £100 more expensive now. I could swear also. What to do?
they say its due to lack of bookings i find this hard to believe in peak season and school holidays

anyway i now have my outbound plane returning to manchester (no extra cost) just bad news i have to get taxi to leeds still to collect the car

if i was u i would i would sort it fast just incase the other flights get sold out
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.