Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
all sorted now still fly with same company just a different airport
We were booked to fly 3/6 Glasgow Dalaman 20.45 returning 14/6 17.40...Got email these flights cancelled . Got the option of money back or change to 2/6 to 16/6.. Had to book extra nights in apartment which fortunately they were able to give us. More expensive though. Change transfers. Original email said flights same time. When we accepted them got flights through 09.30 outbound and 06.30 return..Had to book an overnight stay at airport more money...Option of changing flight company £ 200 to £300 dearer... :(
Ally441;

You should have phoned them to complain about the email and then the conformation, they tried that with us and I pointed out the email that they had sent and they said there is more than one flight that day and changed them back again, bloody chancers!
Like Ally 441 my flights have also been changed, in fact Ally 441 will be getting on the plane that I have just returned from Dalaman

I had originally booked to go out at 20.45 and return back in Glasgow about 18.00. We are now out at 09.30 and have the night flight coming back which i hate.

What hacks me off about this is that I had not been told about the change. I had logged onto Aegean website to check my flight out time when I noticed the change. Luckiliy I had not booked my transfers. I have complained not that it will do any good, and they have advised they will check for alternative flights, not holding my breath about this

Stewart
Same here, smc - in fact, it was only when reading of flight changes and cancellations on another forum that I became concerned and decided to ring Aegean to check our flights. They demanded to know how I'd found out about it! Shouldn't they be the ones to inform me?
Anyway, we were offered alternative flights free of charge for the previous day going out, which suits us fine as it means an extra day in Icmeler - just have to pay for an extra day in the hotel. Aegean's communications certainly aren't the best though...I'm just praying we'll have no more changes!!
I think that's finally it for us for Aegean Flights. Every year there have been one, two or even three changes to flight times from booking right up until a couple of weeks before we flew. We put up with it all because their prices were so good. Four or five years ago, we paid an amazing £89 each return. Since then it's gone up quickly and this year was over £300 each. They offered flights from Leeds this year so we were happy to book them a few months ago.

During the week an amateurish email advised us that flights from Leeds had been cancelled without any reason. I 'phoned today to ask why and was informed that it was 'for operational reasons' - what the heck does that mean in plain speak? I had to 'phone three times to organise a refund and was then told it would take 3-5 working days to appear back in my account. Meanwhile, I booked flights from Leeds with Jet2 that are considerably more expensive now and I bet the money leaves my account before 3-5 working days!!

Not happy at all Aegean - it's not good enough.
Same here, stopped using them last year as the last 4 sets of flights were significantly altered. Going with Jet2 this time, not used them before so fingers crossed...
Just some info. for anyone booked on East Mids to Dalaman on the 10th July 2011. I had an email advising a time change of 2 hours later due to operational reasons. Not a big deal you say, but now Aegean have phoned to check I had the email which I thought strange and when pushed advised the plane will land at Bodrum first for around 1 hour and then go onto Dalaman.

Looking on Aegean's website the changes are only this flight and what they have done is merge the Bodrum and Dalaman flights leaving East Midlands within 2hrs of each other.

I have swapped onto the Birmingham flight the day before, living 30 mins from each airport makes this easy.

Hope this is useful info for someone.

Paul

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
yip i am another one who got really peeved off over the last 3 years with aegean flights never had a flight that went when originally booked doing a package holiday this year with thomas cook excellent flight times going to the same hotel in marmaris and only £80 more expensive...well worth it ...fingers crossed..lol
PAUL; we got a fone call on 31st of may tellin us same thing ema 3rd july...thry rang my husband who was at work at the time and couldnt really hear what was bein said as he drives a 30 tonne machine but they said i would all be sent in an email so he wasnt worried knowin i would read it and sort it out,, but the email never came just notification of a slight time change...so i have printed off every bit of correspondence just in case..tried to ring them but got put in a que emailed them twice but got no reply..so now i dont know what is happenin.. :(
hi as anybody had to change there flight dates and if so how much do aegean charge you for changes if anybody as come across this can you tell me the cost please,
tony
Hi Tony, you off to Turkey again? If you need to change your flights, there is an administration charge of £30 per person plus you have to pay the difference in flight prices. Hope this helps.

It was nice to meet you in Gumbet, hope you enjoyed it. Are you returning there or are you off back to Marmaris again?

I'm back in England for a few weeks but can't wait to go back in August for another three months!

Jak xx
hi jakki
yes it was nice to see you
and we really enjoyed gumbet we went to bitez ,turgutreis . and into bodrum .
bodrum as a nice marina which i enjoyed walking round and the bazaar
i will go back ive booked a flight for next june and hope to go back end of august this year
will see how the funds are .
once again it was nice to see you it just goes to show holidaytruths brings friends together
lol tony,
Got an email today from Aegean Flights, our flight out this Thursday has been changed from 20.45 to 21.45 not much difference but just a heads up for anyone else.
Have been pricing flights to Bodrum with aegean flights but can't get any flights past July 2012 and we don't want to go until September. Do they not fly to Bodrum as late in the year as September as we would like to book with them. They seem to be reasonably priced at the minute.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
The flights for 2012 go as far as November, which seems to include Bodrum, Have another look, as the prices have gone up since last week, so you have to be quick to get a bargain!
They don't have any flights on sale from Belfast after July to Bodrum but they do to Dalaman. Have been to Marmaris on several occasions and going again in September. If we have to fly to Dalaman next year can you recommend a different resort this time. Also would you recommend aegean flights as i have never tried them before.
I have flown with Aegean however the problem I had with them is that they frequently change the times of th flights.
As for destinations there are plenty to chose from. Olu Deniz is quite busy with a nice beach and beautiful surroundings, it does cater for the British market and is quite expensive. Turunc not far from Marmaris could be a good place for you and not as busy as Marmaris but you can pop into Marmaris for some lively night life. Kalkan and Kas are a bit further down the coast and very attractive. If you want peace and quiet and a very Turkish atmosphere with fewer European visitors try Datca (my favourite).
Sorry folks but website says Aegean/Holidays4U are now in administration. Hope something is sorted out.

Patsiej
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.