General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
baby milk
2 Posts
Probably too late for the poster, but a tale of caution.

Just got back from Tenerife flying out of East Midlands with a 7 month old and it was a nightmare!

Don't take the pre mix milk available in sealed containers, unless you take empty bottles. You have to open the containers, taste the contents then put it in the bottles. But once it's opened it has to be used in an hour - not much use when you are an hour before take off and it's a 4hr 20 flight (which happened to be 5hr 20 due to strong winds).

The idiot on security told us to throw ours away and buy some more, but was then told no shops on airside sold it. Only Boots on land side sold it! Not much point really as it would have to go through security and be checked again. We ended up filling two bottles and risking it and throwing the other carton away.

Any water in bottles has to be tasted - so once again it won't be sterile for long after doing so. I'd take sterile bottles and powder, get the airside cafe to fill the bottles up with fresh hot water.

All baby food has to be opened and tasted.

Changing bag containing all this stuff was fine - no need for plastic wallets.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.