Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi there, I chose the same 2 hotels and eventually decided on CLG because it is nearer to a resort. The BP is built on a hillside and very isolated whereas the CLG is also on a hillside but not as spread out. I hope you find my opinion helpful and let us know where you decide to book :cheers
We have visited the Bahia Principe many times but never the Costa Los Gigantes but from what I have read, the CLG seems very good and is probably better situated - I think you can just go out for an evening stroll there, whereas the BP requires a taxi.

We love the Bahia Principe so much, I don't think we would ever try visiting another hotel in Tenerife.
It is a truly 4-5 star hotel and caters for everyone of all ages.
I could go on and on singing its praises!

I am sure you will be happy in either though.
Thanks,

I think Im going to go for clg. Lots of people seem to say its in a better location and has more to do for the children.

Does anyone know what the resorts are like. Im hoping they will still have some authentic canarian charm as opposed to being built up and full of teenagers on a night out:)
Hi there, we have been to both hotels previously and are going to both next year. Both are fantastic, with the CLG having far better childrens facilities. I noticed that you are planning going in June next year. We visited the CLG in may half term week this year and it was very quiet, however,we were informed by staff that the hotel would get much busier through June, July and August, although this did not stop us from having an excellent holiday. The reason it was so quiet could be one of many: firstly Tenerife is often quieter during May and June, then there is the recession, but possibly the main reason could be that the hotel had only been open about 9 months when we visited and word maybe hadn't spread about how good this hotel actually is!! I'm sure once word does spread then the CLG will become as popular as the Bahia Principe.
Also, the surrounding area which is made up of 3 adjoining resorts, is quite nice, albeit hilly where you will find no "typically British" party atmosphere.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.