Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Have stayed at Le Bua or Meritus State Towers as it used to be known. Room was a one bedroom suite comprising lounge area, bathroom bedroom and area with cooking facilities. All done out in a minimalist style. Lounge area had no access to natural light so did not feel to welcoming.Great views as the rooms are to be found from 50th floor up. I visited during its soft opening hence I paid 45 USD a night, but then not all facilities were up and running. Scary on balconies but I gather you can no longer get on these due to safety fears. Ask for the river view rooms.

Posh restaurants to be found on top floors. About 10 minutes walk to Skytain and boat pier at Saphan Taksin. Its priced quite competitivly. Found the surrounding area a little lacking in restaurants though of course you could always hit the Shangri-La or Oriental which are nearby.

We actually looked at the Davis and Majestic Grande for our holiday this year. They were on our shortlist until we settled for serviced apartment instead. Felt the location of the Davis might be a bit tricky for getting around.
Cheers Sunbear, we eventually booked The Davis hotel, after much thought. I'll do a review and let you know how it is.

Next on the agenda is to find a hotel in Phuket, preferrably Kata. Looking at the Kata Poolside resport and it look slike excellent value for money!
We looked very carefully at the Davis and nearly went. It was really only location that stopped us.

We have stayed at the Kata Beach Resort a couple of times...its actually right on the beach. To be honest though all you need to do is get to the beach and rent sunbed and brolly for the day. Have to say the sun is relentless on Kata though. These days I'm into sitting in the shade of an old casurina tree.
Kata Poolside is just up from the beach resort, I like my shade too, so the brolly will definitely be getting rented! The Davis location looks not bad, a 10-15 minute walk from the skytrain is what we read?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.