Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
bangkok hotels
7 Posts
Lots of hotels are close to lots of things. Compare it to London - in terms of size, it depends where and what you want to see.

I always say to 'newbies' it's best to stay near the river, with river views, as it's cooler, more relaxed, and can offer great views. After your first visit (and you will be back!), most people head to Sukhumvit Road (for shopping), or further afield (I like the Lumpini Park location). You can get around Bangkok really easily, so no great shakes where you end up.

It might be best to work backwards from your budget, and then people can make good recommendations?
You might want to consider serviced apartments as well as you´d probably get a two room apartment for the price of hotel room..you get all the facilities of a hotel at the good ones but with loads more space and a more luxurious room.
We recently stayed in Abloom hotel, which was either 3* or 4*. It was perfect, very clean, lovely food, staff lovely. About a 5 min walk from Sanam Pao sky train stop, but they give you a lift in their tuk tuk for free to the station. It was also very easy to hail taxis down. It's about 5 min on the sky train to the centre and the price /quality seemed a lot better there than other parts of Bangkok - we paid £30 a night for a double room, let me know if you want any more details :)
was it a hotel or serviced apartments Bunny?
Hotel that included a really nice breakfast, but it also had a kitchen with microwave, fridge / freezer,kettle etc, they also served quite nice food at a reasonable price in the evenings, only moan was the portions were on the small side, but the breakfasts were lovely and as much as you could eat :)
if you can, could you give it a review for us please? We have it here :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.