Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I have trolled through this thread all day looking for a decent hotel with no joy.

I need a family room for 2 adults 2 kids aged 12&9 in October in Barcelona close to the centre.
We are going to a match at the Camp Nou.
Most of the hotels i have tried have no family rooms or are dumps :(

Can someone recommend me a decent hotel for 3 nights please :)
Put this into Google - family hotels in barcelona - stacks come up. There must be a suitable one there somewhere.
Hi
Going to Barcelonain 3 weeks, can anyone tell me how much it will be in a taxi from Barcelona airport to Las Ramblas top end?
We also wanted to know the prices of the bus and how easy/hard it is to get from airport to Ramblas?

We are going on a Cruise the day after we arrive so would like to doas much as poss in a day as we arrive in Barcelona at 8am so have plenty of time for exploring any advise?

Also meals? Fountains? how far are the fountains from the Ramblas?

And lastly how near is the Port from the Rambles?

As you cn tell we are not very clued up on Barcelona!

Regards
Liz.
Liz

I may be worth asking this on the Cruise forum as well as I know some members have sailed from Barcelona.

luci :wave
Re: family hotels - we stayed at the Atenea Aparthotel last April - it was ideal for the Nou Camp stadium, as it was just a short walk, and yet was only about 100m from the metro and a couple of stops into the centre - the queues for the metro after the match were horrendous, so this avoided the problem. I placed a review on tripadvisor - I thought it was fine - not 4 star, but very reasonably priced, however some people have not given it a very good review - however, I am fussy about hotels and thought it was a good option.

Liz Mc - think it was about 25 euros from airport to the Ramblas (thats for the main airport, not the one Ryanair fly to!) - not sure about bus prices as there were 4 of us so we new a taxi wouldn't be much more expensive.

I think the best way to explore would be the good old bus turistic - it shows you all the city highlights and you can get on and off at will. If you look at the map, there is a crossover point of the 2 routes, which makes it easy to see the whole city. We were in Barcelona for a day last week, from a cruise, and the only thing we noticed is that the queues for the tourist bus at the top of Las Ramblas in the Placa Catalunya were horrendous at midday, so make an early start!

The fountains are only on in the evening, but I'm not sure if they are daily - I suspect they are at height of season - search for Barcelona fountains on google and you will find the timetables - we saw them last April, and thought they were fantastic. They are a metro ride away.

The port is a very short walk from Las Ramblas.

We found a good, modern tapas bar near universitat metro station called cellar del tapas, which we thought was very good. Have also eaten in a well known restaurant not far from las ramblas called los caracoles, which we really enjoyed - it has queues on an evening but I e mailed and pre-booked. The rotisserie chicken is fab, as is its speciality starter of battered spring onions!

Hope all this helps - get back to me if you have any more queries.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!! Its our favourite city!!!

Gill
Gill

I have added the Atenea to our reviews site HERE and would appreciate it if you could post a review.

Thanks

Consider it done!

Does it take a couple of days to appear, as it hasn't gone straight on?
Gill
Many thanks for the review Gill, it is appreciated. That was quick!

All reviews have to be approved first before they appear on the site and I have just done yours. :tup
Should you need any hotels added in the future, just post your request in the topic at the top of the Help & Assistance forum.

Thanks for replies, gill you are a star! ;) I will pre-book the restaurant you recommended as we are only there 1 night I would rather go on recomendation.
We are at the top end of Ramblas number 117-119 its the Royal Princess hotel.
Hope we are not to far away from all the action!

Thanks again Liz.
glad to be of help!

Make sure you print off a copy of the restaurant reservation and take it with you as they couldn't find our reservation but accepted the e mail.

Gill
I'm on my umpteenth trip to Barcelona this weekend but I've never actually gotten the AeroBus from El Prat Airport to Barca

Is there a space to sit with your luggage? I'm not keen on sitting at the back of the bus whilst my lugagge is on racking at the front
Hi, I'm going to Barcelona on 21st September for 4 days with my hubby. Whilst we are there it is his birthday, does anyone know any nice restaurants to go to for a nice meal on his birthday night? We are staying on Rambla Catalunya. Many thanks.
Theresa
los caracoles, as per my recommendation above.

Gill
Flight with Ryanair, how easy is it to get into Barcelona please. Is bus an option and how long does it take
Atenea Aparthotel hotel -

Was recommended to stay at this hotel from someone on here a few months back - thank you :)
We are looking to go to Barcelona for the 1st time in Feb for 2 nights and stay at this hotel as it is in our budget!! We are going to do the stadium tour of Nou Camp and as this hotel is near the stadium this is great. Although, what ever attractions/resturants/things to do & see are nearby?

We have no idea on what there is on offer but would love to visit Barcelona thanks for your help :)
Not much else to see nearby apart from one building (can't remember which one) but the good thing is that the metro is so close that you are not far from anywhere in the city. There was a row of restaurants near the hotel which we found on the way back from the nou camp, but again tended to eat in the city centre.

Gill
Can the H10 Montcada Hotel be added to the review list please. We're just back and would like to leave feedback.
Thanks
Gail
Didn't realise there is a designated topic for adding hotels. Review is now done.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.