Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
still not decided on Barcelona. Is it really easy to get to the city on the bus. just wondering about return home ,need to be at the airport about 9.30 how long will it take
We found the bus was a great way of getting into town. The hardest thing was on the way back because we had to ask at Placa de Catalunya which stop it was as we couldn't find it :? I can't remember exactly how long it took but I don't think it was more than an hour as the stops are limited.
Thanks puddleduck, we are looking at staying in the centre.which hotel did you stay. remember you from agia efimia board
Hi Bejay, we stayed in the Hotel Auto Hogar - it was a last minute booking, was cheap and cheerful and had a good breakfast choice. Lots of reviews complained about the traffic noise as it is on a busy road, however we were very lucky as we had a room at the back of the hotel; looked out onto a brick wall but wonderfully quiet!
Apartment and flights all booked to Barcelona, one thing left is the football tickets. Surprise trip for my other half and want to make sure that all in in place, plus Barca are playing Espanyol when we are there, therefore I big game I don't want to miss out on.

My question to you helpful posters is - does anyone know a reputable ticket agent? I keep finding horror stories and as the price is quite high want to know that I have picked one i can trust!

Many thanks in advance!
Try this: http://tinyurl.com/2dtytp

It's the FC Barcelona ticket office page for that game. Got to be cheaper than going through Toutmaster

Just remember that you can only buy tickets one month before the game. :gluck
Going to barcelona in 3 weeks for a 3 night break can anybody give a recommendation for hotels no more than £100 approx per night also which is the best area of the city to stay in ?
  • Edited by David 2008-04-30 20:24:27
    Merged with existing Barcelona Q&As topic, which should contain some useful info while you wait for further feedback
Want to go to Barcelona in December for my birthday. Where should we stay to be near top attractions and restaurants/bars? Would also maybe like to go to the Nou Camp so would like to stay nearby.

Any help would be great, thanks
Anyone stayed at the Amrey Diagonal in Barcelona? Considering this is not even real vacation season the whole of Barcelona seems to be sold out this weekend, but I got a last minute booking for this one night pre-cruise.
Barcelona seems to be difficult to book. I had booked into the continental Palacete but it is now to far from the Ramblas and have changed to the Lleo. I hope it is a wise choice. We go in three weeks.
Can anyone tell me if there is a tabacco shop close to Placa Catalunya? Many thanks
There are several Tabacs on Las Ramblas which is a short walk away.

luci :wave
To answer xdanielex q re hotel close to Nou Camp - we stayed at aparthotel atenea - it is an excellent location for the Nou Camp and also the metro is very close to get into the city centre. We were there in April and my family definately felt the benefit after they went to a match and saw the huge queues for the metro afterwards. The rooms are huge in the hotel and it is clean and comfortable and reasonably priced, though not luxurious. Breakfasts are good too.

Gill
Have enjoyed reading through the above postings on Barcelona and would appreciate any input as I will be booking a 4 day/night break as a gift for my parents 50th wedding anniversary, this break will be for Spring 2009 and I would love any recommendations for hotels in the Gothic area (having heard lots of good reports about this location), also, am wanting to arrange a meet & greet driver for their airport transfers. In addition, does anyone know of any companies that offer personal guided tours.

Cost is not an issue, but just want to make it as an amazing time for them and as easy for them as possible.

All advice is, as always, greatfully received. Regards, Scoya.
If cost is no object then I would stay at the Colon. I stayed there when my father worked in Barcelona, in oh, 1969, so I can't really personally recommend it, but it was the top hotel then, and probably is now in the area.

http://www.hotelcolon.es/eng/hotel/index.asp
You may also want to check hotels out on the following site...or maybe have a look at some of the aprtments (you can search by district). Have booked a lovely apartment in the Eixample near the Sagrada Familia for 6 nights, and all has gone smoothly up to press. I fly on the 20th for a week, and have had excellent communication/directions/instructions from the apartment agent. I have paid a deposit, and pay the balance on arrival.

http://www.oh-barcelona.com/
The Hotel Colon mentioned above is the big, well to do, brother of this one: Regencia Colon.

It's just a few yards behind the Hotel Colon and slightly, much!, cheaper. Both are equally good places to stay and really convienient for everything.
I am just back from Barcelona. We were booked into the Hotel LLeo but they had something wrong with their booking system and they transferred us to the Hotel Jazz. We are in our 60's We found this hotel lovely. The room was large with a king size bed. The breakfast was very nice too. It was a few minutes walk to the Plaza. There you can get the tour bus and even people watch in the square. Everything with in reach. We also got the bus from the airport and that was easy too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.