Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
JOKERS MAGALLUF
17 Posts
Going on a stag doo on 16/6, 8 scottish guys all 28-30, (I know a bit old for partyting but we manage). Heard mixed reports about both resorts, can someone give me some pointers on pubs/clubs (heard BCM's is rubbish) and general tips on the nightlife ie:avoiding the "drug" cultureplaces.

I've read some reviews on hotels regarding stag parties, promise we're the well behaved sort, OK might be back late to the hotel but you dont go on holiday to have early nights do you!!
Some of the places in Magaluf are quite good - Prince William Bar is a good place to go, its a brit pub that plays cheesy music and the drinks are quite cheap in there too. BCM is ok music wise but when i went there it was full of 18 year olds - Carwash is a good club.
I am off to magaluf in 5 weeks for a fortnight with 7 mates.

We went last year during May and only for a week. Just wondered whether anyone can give me any advice on a) will things be more expensive this time round as is peak season? Last year we went to BCM and it was 16 euros to get in and drink as much as you want. Also we did not have to queue to get in any of the bars/clubs last year - will it be likely we will have to during the last 2 weeks of july?

we are staying at honolulu which is fine as we stayed there last year and know what to expect.

My only other question is - I would like to try a few places this year we didn't try last year - we went to bcm, bananas, boomerangs, lennons, city lights, eastenders, fusion, funky monkey, murphys, are we missing any where excellent? i am a keen singer and would like to do karaoke out there this year - especially as i sing once a week in public here and will miss doing that when we are away.

can anyone help? would be very appreciated xx
i got back from Magalluf last week and BCM was 16 euros then. However, when you go it could possibly go up to 20 euros depending on how busy it is.

You should go to Chaplins, its a great bar, dancing and games, also check out Manos and Crystals. Robin Hood is good for karaoke until about 4am.

Hope this helps. x
Go in Jokers, Piano bar, Windsor and Benny Hills they are all good bars that aren't swarming with 18 year olds.

The Majorca Beach is a beautiful hotel with very friendly staff and nice food.

have a nice time. xx

p.s. you could always try McDonalds. he he
This link will take you to BCM site. Should get prices on there.

http://www.bcm-planetdance.com/
I went to magaluf last July, i had the time of my life. I went to the same places as you, bananas bein my favourite, lennons, red lion, the usual on the strip.

A bar that most people talked about when i got BACK!!! was the coyote ugly bar as in the film, i think it's the same, if you ask for water for get it sprayed in your face but i can't say whether it's true or not but it's worth havin a look.

BCM was brilliant last year but didn't go that often, our group preferred to get the stamp for the bars and stay there all night, comin out of bananas at 8 in the mornin, great!!!!!

I'm soooooo jealous, wish i could go back again this year, stayed in the Martinque the best i've ever stayed in.
coyote ugly bar was rubbish... just full of blokes.. i wouldnt go there.

you want to try stop bar, good music and decent drink prices. they do loads of drinking games so its good fun!
Thanks for all your responses - do you know where i can get a map online showing the strip and the general layout - altho i went last year we were only there for a week and didn't explore as much as we should have really - and i am not sure where some of these bars are. i know where coyote is (in bcm square) or even of you describe where they are in relation to the bungy ball (as this is right outside our hotel).

I can't wait!!!!! xx
I have lived in magalluf since leaving school so know the place pretty well! personally my usual haunts are Alex's Bar, half way up strip on right. Love the music there, indie/alternative, stone roses, strokes and all the latest bands!! Slatts the Dj is a right laugh and place great tunes.....in the other alex's bar across, rNb. very popular but not really my thing. I love Fusion club but I don't think that open as yet. Hope it's open soon!!!! Anyone out there know when? If you like karaoke, I have a great bar in magalluf called the boston, come and see me!!!!! have a great time anyway!!
CHAPLINS BAR ALL THE WAY!!!
I went there last year for the second time, and I loved it there, great music, great atmosphere! and if you pester the DJ enough, he'll give you free t-shirts and thongs.....

City Lights is the best for karaoke, although there is a small bar just left before you come to the office....venture down there as well for a trip to R Bar for the best cocktail in Magaluf! (Try the *** on the beach)

Car Wash is also great- but packed!!!

You wont have to queue to get into the clubs, thats very unlikely......

My boyfriend went to Alex's Bar and he said it was ace there....Did offers on either side of the road and you just crossed the road for another offer!

Also, try Bonkers, Red Lion, Bananas and Crystals......

(Notice these are all on one side of the strip LOL......we very rarely made it onto the other side!!)
hey! i went to Magaluf last year and the year before! Chaplins is wicked and i love Tokyo Joes!!!!! R & B music all the way!!!! If you fancy a change try Banana Joes in palma nova find DJ Gary and tell him the [b]Bradford Lasses sent you!!!!!

Magaluf is wicked but we've gone for something diffrent this year, MALIA here we come 5 weeks and 5 days!!!!!!!! 5 Yorkshire lasses Kylie, Katie, Kate, Kirsty & Laura!!!! WooooooooHoooooo!!!!

Hope you all have wicked holidays! :P

Kylie :wink:
Love chaplins aswell. was there two nights ago, heaving! The strip is buzzing now. Lots of hot tottie around Ha ha!! Bonkers is great too. Very busy and lots of great offers. If you are true party animals and like to stay up even after the clubs shut, try papi's. A lot of the workers go as it is open 24 hours. If any jameriqui lovers out there, they holding concert in palma on 27th july. I went to last one and it was fantastic. Only around 30 euros for tickets i think and that includes bus there and back. Also dont have to queue up. Will try and keep you all posted with any other things that will be happening in magalluf in the near future as i live here. :twisted:
Hey, me and my mates are thinking of going to palma nova next year. Just wanted to know what the clubs are like in magaluf and how old do you have to be to go in them? If anyone knows, please tell me???? :D
hi sex kitten
you need to be 16 to get into the clubs in magalluf. Not that strict really on doors if you look old enough. not that im encouraging you if you under age of course!!! Stay safe!!! You pay 10 euros at one of the mcp clubs and that gets you a pass for the rest of the clubs so you only pay once. you can get into bananas, tokyo joes, boomerang, carwash and fusion.
Great, thanks!!!!! I was worried that we might not get in, but thats fine. I'm happy now :D :D :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.