Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
beach huts
194 Posts
Thanks for all the info everyone.

paul
You can try Rock Bites at Ashvem Beach, just up the road. don;t let the name fool you, there are rocks there but there's far more golden sandy beach than rock.

There's an even nicer place next door. Both are about 500 rupees per night for a double with ensuite.

Located right on the beach & I mean right on the beach, the sea is about 6 foot away.

return Taxi from Candolim will be about 1200 rupees
Hi Fritz...i think 1200 rupees is a little on the steep side...we have never paid more than 800 rupees for the return trip... :shrug
You could well be right Noggin, I usually follow the jeep on a bike so I've not done the taxi route for a while.
that's what i'm looking for, a place just yards from the sea.

cheers
paul
Silents huts and mattresses are a bit old and tired. Rock Bites are better but (most unlike Goans) tried to rip me off. Sea view is a good option, i would try there first.

Sonofscouse
Can you get to these places by boat from Baga, if yes how much, more or less??
Depends what you mean.

If you mean is there a regular service like to Anjuna Market then no I don;t think there is but you can certainly pay someone to take you there by boat because we've done it to Arambol in years past.

If memory serves me right there is no pier or dock though so you have to wade in from the boat but then you have to at Baga usually so it's no great hardship.

I don't have the faintest idea how much it might be though. I would guess not that much because it's not that much further than Baga to Anjuna which if I remember right is 100 rupees. It's about 3 times the distance, just beyond the Chapora river. I suppose the cost will depend on A) how many people are in the boat and B) what the boat itself is like.

This can be important because when we did it we asked for a single hull boat meaning a boat like the water taxi's from Baga to Anjuna. When we got to Baga Beach the next morning there was a fishing boat with an outboard and the side stabiliser. The indian fellow proceeded to undo the stabiliser, which we found a bit odd until we asked why and he said it was because we wanted a single hull boat. We asked if it was safe to go to sea in the boat without the stabiliser and he said "No, absolutley not, but that's what you wanted". When we finally got the message through he told us they had all been having a good laugh at our expense the night before because they all though t we were mad to go to sea without the stabiliser but the point is they were perfectly willing to risk it for a few rupees.
Sonofscouse

Oddly enough I got massively overcharged for Tiger Prawns at Rock Bites, it was the only thing I ordered without getting a price first as you probably know, the sea food you usually get a price for depending on size rather read it off the menu.

Other than that I've found the place top notch except for the fish fingers which were more like giant Whitebait, abou the size of a big sardine, guts an all.
this is great to have the warnings, keep it coming.
cheers for all the advice

paul
Fritz,

I agree with you there, the place seemed fine and I was planning on a stay in March and had disgussed it with them. Then came the blatant rip off and it just left a bad taste for the day, a bit like your fish fingers by the sound of it.

Sonofscouse
going this saturday and would like to stay at a nice beach hut but one that has an en-suite does anybody have any ideas :hmmm
Not sure where about you are going but we always go to Ashvem Beach, North Goa and stay at Rockbites BUT when we were there in March there was a new place next door, I think called Seaview, which was even nicer.

Ensuite no problem
Yes anywhere in Ashwem, they are great just dont expect warm water !
sorry forgot to say we are staying in baga :oops:
Hi there,

Does anybody have e mail address of any of the beach huts we can stay in (pref with ensuite)? We stayed in one last year but cant think of the name. Would like to book one before we get there.

Many thanks

Jo
Sorry - being bit dim there - I meant in the North if possible - Thanks
No problem , no such thing as a stupid question on here :lol:

I recently stayed at ashvem (about 50 mins from candolim) I stayed at rockbite nice clean huts 700rps you can get cheaper but i liked this place.

As a general rule most of the huts on stilts dont have shower or toilet you have to use the shared ones and there not so great.

The huts on the ground have mossie nets big double bed, fan and shower (cold) and flushing loo.

Give jitendar a call on 0091-0832-2247671
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.