Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Beach huts
194 Posts
can anyone tell me if there are any beech huts in the north you can stay in for 1 night or are they all in the south if so can anyone please give me some imfo how long to patolem from baga in a taxi and how much return and how much for a top of the range beech hut for one night as me and the wife are disabled and are limited to what we can do would these be ok for us
cheers pete
Theres beach huts in the north between mandrem and arambol, dont know how much they cost though.

http://www.peterferguson.nildram.co.uk/Kevin%20on%20Arumbal%20Beach.JPG

You can see them in the background of the above picture, whilst not the same as palolem they maybe of interest.

Regards

Peter
From Baga to Palolem would take around an hour and a half.
Visit the website http://www.duesgoa.com to see the huts in Mandrem North Goa they are fab and the beach there is wonderful
we stayed at asvem beach last feb(dire!) the beach huts were horrible,i forget the name of them but we wandered along the beach and came across the most beautiful beach huts ive ever seen. they were all at ground level and were made completly round and en suites in every one of them . they are called YAB YUM.phone OO 91 0382 5610392 or mobile no 0091 942 2456651.e mail info@go-bang.com not cheap at 2,500 per night but worth every rupee for a special treat hope this helps
I think I must be a purist... I have always stayed in the basic beach huts (four walls roof, floor - ok a fan is nice, but the original ones didn't even have that. I really think it's a shame that they all have ensuite, tv, etc... It's supposed to be 'back to nature' otherwise they'll just start building the concreate structures closer to the beach - and we really don't want that!!!! (Sorry quite passionate about that... :) )

Sharing a bathroom with another 30 people is part of being in India, if you're not careful Goa will loose all it's charm and turn into Blackpool or Spain... Please don't let that happen!!!! I love the place
thanks guys for all your info and advice much appreciated
rob i do agree with you mate that is the reason we go to these far away places is to see how the other half live so lets not spoil it
when i first started this thread i did say top of the range beech hut i should of worded it better as i said we are both disabled (walking) so we are limited to what we can do as climbing them wooden man made steps up to the beech huts but if you can get them on ground level that's great and as far as a TV gos that's why we are going on holiday to get away from the TV so what i really meant was basic but accessible for us
cheers Pete
I wrote a review on Agonda and a stay in a hut in Things To Do In South Goa (a sticky near he top page)
hi ya, we stayed in the norh and south beach huts last march and both were fab. we stayed at ordo sounsar palolem really good theres a review on the hotel section. we travelled by bus going, just for the experience cost around £1.50 one way good value. we stayed 2 nights and with all food and drink we only spent around £35 including taxi back to candolim.
we stayed at seaview beachhuts at mandrem and again these were good quality. i prefer the beach at mandrem totally deserted and fantastic for walking along and taking a dip every now and then to keep cool.
were going again this march and will be staying for 4 nights at palolem. huts there the best and you can pre book your hut before you go. 4 huts facing the beach really good.
i think we posted photos of the huts at palolem in the photo section.
go into http://www.dunesgoa.com huts are on stilts at the back of Mandrem beach and have a complex of loos and washing facilities and it takes less than an hour from Baga you can check out the prices on site.
The thing that worries me is the wooden swing bridge that leads to the beach - if you will be able to access it, you don't say what your disability is.
Cost of taxi from Baga to Paolem would judge between £10 and £15 and would take approx 2 hours or just under
hope that helps
cheers
Lyn x
Thought that this item in todays Herald would be of interest
http://www.oheraldo.in/node/19184 A similar report in the times states that sixty percent of the structures have been removed. As there has been a huge explosion in the number of them in the last few years I would think that the most of them would have been illegal and have been knocked down. Mabey someone there just now could fill us in on this Alan
If there is a reduction in accomodation at Palolem beach this season a lot of people may take the train down to Gokarna in search of the perfect beach. Has anyone made the journey and what was it like?
Never actually visited but we,ve travelled right up the Karnataka coast by train from Mangalore and it looked stunning, and more importantly, unspoiled I understand the station is 10 Km. from the town, mabey another way to it woul be a bus from Karwar, anyone done it? I think it will be like Goa was years ago. Alan
Sounds like it's getting worse! Have a look at post number 4 in this thread :(
http://www.indiamike.com/india/showthread.php?t=26825
Might go down for a look... Although wish I had seen this thread yesterday then I could have! Oh well, will have to wait till next weekend although that's probably out as Shermina is returning so she won't be too happy if I'm sunning it down at Palolim! :?
This explains the strange conversation I had with the owner of the restaurant on Patnem. I am due to be married there on the 16th of November and he is suddenly telling me he may not be able to guarantee the booking. Not good! We have 25 people flying out for the do and no venue! Oh dear!

Thanks for the tip off TightJock.

Sonofscouse
Just got back from Palolem, it's like a bomb site down there - have posted some info in the "latest from Goa" thread.

GFF xxx
Hi there I know a lot of you are much more experienced than I am about travelling in Goa.
I quite fancy taking a trip over to Agonda for a night staying over in a Cocohut - bearing in mind this will probably be about 2nd Jan do you think I will have any problem finding a hut available?

We did a night in Ashwem last year and really enjoyed the back to basics experience, thanks in advance,shirleyV
hi shirley we have pm'd you anita :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.