Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
beach huts- Q&As
194 Posts
it is but a bit quiet. Can stay on the beach for around 400 rupees a night.

I certainly wouldnt advise going down on a moped, get a taxi will cost you less than a tenner.

http://www.peterferguson.nildram.co.uk/Palolem%20Beach.JPG

http://www.peterferguson.nildram.co.uk/Palolem%20Beach%202.JPG

Theres a couple of pics from when we were last there.
Thanks, scotter out of the question then as we were sort of planning to have a scout around at our own leisure?
You will get accomodation fairly easy just remember if its on the beach its going to be basic.

If you go down by moped will take you at least 2 hours and some crazy roads.

Either get a taxi down there or the bus if you are brave :D

Have a pic somewhere of the beach huts will upload it and post it so you can see whats on offer.
Great, thanks for your help
couldnt find my ones but found this for you

http://www.goaunplugged.com/The-lady-walk.jpg

I would say dont get a hut thats on the floor (ie not on stilts) when i stayed in them i was on the ground floor (not on stilts) and was eaten alive by ants however my friends who where on the 1st floor (on stilts) were fine.

check out

http://www.hobotraveler.com/133palolem01_01.shtml

has some good photos on the area.
That looks amazing, thank you. Cant wait ot go now humphhh. Month of staring out of my window at work. Any other tips? :P
Hi everyone thanks for all the advice previously , just finishing off final details for our trip , while we were in Goa last year we went to Palolem Beach and they had beach huts at approx £6 a night the ones we were offered did'nt look too inviting can anyone recomend any , it does'nt have to be Palolem Beach I believe there are other beaches that do them , we will be staying in the south but will travel by train.
Any advice would be appreciated thanks again Anita and John :D
p.s. were not fussy really but one with a mossy net would be nice
Try Agonda Beach. Madhu Shack. They have around eight beachside huts and last year three of them were 'en suite', complete with flushing loo and mossie nets!! They also have a beach bungalow with living area, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. We stayed in one of the en suite huts and were quoted 450 Rps per night but we extended our stay and only paid 300 Rps per night. This is a family run business and they are great; one brother runs the shack/huts, the other is a fisherman and loves company on his fishing trips. We are in Goa from the end of January for one month, basing ourselves in Cavelossim but always book a couple of long weekends in Agonda. Contact name is Shekhar, email shekhar1303@sify.com if you want to check it out. Regards, Linda
Forgot to mention -- these huts do have mossie nets and fans.
If you fancy a trip to the North we stayed in a hut at Ashvem beach at a place called Rock Bites. We paid either 400 or 450 rupees and they had a mossie net. The one we stayed in also had shower, sink and toilet but if you wanted one on stilts then the loo/washing facilities were in a separate block nearby. We also ate there and the food was fantastic.
Hi John woody,we stayed at Palolem last year and me and the guys could have spent more time rather than the 1 night.The girls on the other hand were expecting something better.Very basic,bed/mossie net and a ceiling fan - communal bogs and showers,as i say thought they were ok and just the difference it made being somwhere else made it a worthwhile trip.We stayed at the Cuba beach bar and the food,layout etc.. was excellent.Further down the beach the 'huts' looked to be of better quality with there own built in bathrooms - so give them a try.
Another to try is Devbagh Island,accomodation is either in huts on stilts which are very large with own bathroom/balcony etc.. or if these are full they have a couple of bungalows which were equally as good.Nothing to do there but relax and have a wander up and down the beach - but the sheer bliss of not hearing any car horns is great !!
thanks everyone we will definately try one of these while in Goa , it must be lovely to wake up on the beach we will add it to our list of things to do :D
Although this will be my 3rd visit to goa in January Ive never been south and im determined to go for a few days. Can anyone recommend any beach huts or clean basic accomodation for a few nights. Im staying in candolim in January traveling alone so would welcome any suggestions. Ive always felt safe in Goa as a single girl so im not to worried about where i stay. Cheers :lol:
Best beach in south maybe best in goa is palolem for beach huts tents and shacks try http://www.palolem.com they have a choice there good look
sharon
Cheers mate thats great any Idea how long a taxi would take to go from candolim to Palolem ? Sorry for being a pain :roll:
went last yr and it took about an hour an half well worth it 900rps one way
sharon
I really fancy a night in a beach hut but do not fancy the idea of an organised trip throught a tour operator with a meal round the camp fire etc- I'm not knocking it - just not my thing. any ideas for great bamboo huts near a restaurant or 2 which I can book independantly??
My only hesitation about Palolem is that I am going for new year and it will be probably packed out with young travellers and could be quite noisy, any ideas would be appreciated , thanks shirleyV
hi, we stayed in a tent last year on the beach!!! Its not like english style tents though, they have a bathroom adn a doubvlebed, and carpet!!!It was very nice!

It was called Sand Dunes, i think there is a website. Cant quite remeber how much it was a night but it was definatley under a £10 for a tent! I think it depends on the time of year for the rates!

It was on the beach in the south where the Kenilworth Beach Resort and Hyatt are, just up from Colva!

They are in a nice quite area, very local!
Went with Johns boat trips,booked in Candolim last time to Palolim,cost £17pp in air-con mini bus and the huts on stilts all pre-booked.Stayed the one night and thought it was great - very basic,bed/ceiling fan/mossie net,communal showers/toilets etc.. All meals you had to pay for,and the prices were the same as the shacks in the main coastal resorts - so no rip-offs !!
Stayed in the Cuba Beach bar,and staff were very good.Good mix of travellers there from around the world,we spoke to some Aussies,Swiss and a 'cool dude' American (was out of his tree most of the time - very funny).
If your gonna do it i would go for more than one night.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.