Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Most of the beach is sandy, usually there is a breeze but the waves are not too big in my experience.

Ian
The beaches are sandy and nice breeze. Last Summer the waves were quite high but this could depend on weather conditions. Certainly would need close supervision by the sea.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Be very careful when in Mojacar if you have a breezew because you will fry on the beach because it gets very hot in Mojacar. The breeze you get will be nothing like that you get in Lanzarote or Fuerteventura.

We were there for two weeks end of July 2 years ago and beach had a red flag on a number of occasions while we were there. The life guards operate of a coloured flag system in Mojacar. Green Safe to swim, Amber flag swim with caution. If there is a red fglag it is not safe to swim. When we were there there had been a hurrican in U>S> and the storm had come back across the Atlantic and water was very choppy ion Mojacar.

gefs
Hi there I would be very careful with the children in the sea as it has got a bad current in some places ,you would be best to go by the jettys by the hotel if you want them to go in the sea my daughter is a strong swimmer and she got into trouble and said she would not go in again, but in saying that i'm sure you are not silly with them and you will have a great time there we always do .sandra :P
you would be best to go by the jettys by the hotel if you want them to go in the sea

A good recommendation as there are strong currents and often big waves that have been known to drag adults off their feet.
You will find as already said a breeze is usual all summer so much so they sometimes turn into sand storms :shock:

Have a great time,John.
the item about the strong current is very useful, thanks as the other members in the family like going into the sea. my little one is more of a small wave chaser and a paddler, like me!! is there watersports from mojacar beach. also does anyone know if the marina de la torre comlex is situated near the beach? we're not that bothered if its not as we have a car for the two weeks we are there. many thanks
Hi,the hotel is across the main road from the beach but please use the crossing as the road can be dangerous at that point in particular.
There are not a lot of water sports available in Mojacar,mainly due to rough seas and licensing problems but a few are offered opposite the Pueblo Indalo Hotel which is about 4km from you,John.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.