Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Jill, I was also at Mijas recently and feel aggrieved to hear of your "robbery" - for that is exactly what it was. The "mayor's private army"? Definitely not. Methinks your tour rep needs a severe reprimand regarding her response. Might I ask what hotel you stayed in, and what company your rep worked for? Answers are needed regarding this, and answers are my middle name!
hi i,ve just come across this topic by chance and it give me the shivers,i think even now you should report this to the company they work for,it sounds to me as tho the are in on it,to many scams are being performed even by the reps,one in benal in March was they worked as reps for thompsons,and earned extra money getting people off the street saying they had won a price ,yes with scratch cards but it wasn,t for time shares it was to buy into a private travel agencey,well that is what it boiled down to ,i had won 700euos and had to pick it up at a new hotel it Miraflores,but after 3 hrs and them knowing i had no intention of buying in they had to pay 50 euros for our return back to benal,yes it was a fab hotel but i did not have aspare £10,000 to pay into it.i went along with it as i thought it was a thompson hotel and knew or thought that i would be safe,but thompsons and others were slaged off.
Rebel - The Timeshare (or Holiday Ownership as it's called these days) people will tell you anything to get you to go in a cab to one of their resorts.

They have a special deal with the local taxi firms and have preferential rates. The taxi drivers know only too well what it is all about too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.