Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
These are probably copied discs. Unfortunately the Wii is locked so that by default it will not play copied games (only original ones).

You will need to "hack" the Wii console to play these discs. This means either installing a MOD chip or updating the drive software so that the console fooled into thinking that you have inserted an original region 2 game.

NB. Chipping will invalidate your warranty and could (if Nintendo release an update to do this) stop you from using the online facility (just like the X-Box360 and the xbox live).
we are off to olu deniz friday, and we was going to get our little girl some ds games, as i was made aware that that they are cheap to buy would this be the same with these and not work .
we ve bought ds games a few time over the last couple of years from Hisaronu market, near ouldeniz and they ve all been fine, just take your DS and try them before you buy. I would just be beware of buying the 50 odd games in one, as they use small chips , and loading on all the games use s up all the memory so not much left for playin the games ;)
Yep, we've been stung too! Brought a few Wii games this year, assuming they'd be fine because all the DS games we've previously brought have been great. Really disappointed that they didn't work when we got home. Oh well, you live & learn. The DS ones we brought this year were ok.

Julesx
steveduffield wrote:
These are probably copied discs. Unfortunately the Wii is locked so that by default it will not play copied games (only original ones).

You will need to "hack" the Wii console to play these discs. This means either installing a MOD chip or updating the drive software so that the console fooled into thinking that you have inserted an original region 2 game.

NB. Chipping will invalidate your warranty and could (if Nintendo release an update to do this) stop you from using the online facility (just like the X-Box360 and the xbox live).

As Steve said they are more than likely copied games which will only work on chipped "modded" wii's.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.