Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Bed & Breakfast
13 Posts
I am surprised you are unable to find much Bed and Breakfast, exactly what sort of accomodation are you looking for? The way your enquiry is worded it seems as though you are looking for a gap in the market. An excellent reason for B & B is that there are so many good places to eat.
You could be right Jerry as steppitoe is posting from Portugal ;)
Just wanted to know if it was worth setting one up. In my area there are millions of rooms and apartments but not much in the way of B&B as we knew in the UK.
Do you mean as in guest house type as opposed to small hotel B&B?
I mean letting out rooms in my house which would have their own bathroom and living/ dining area. We used to use B&B´s in the UK for weekends away.
To look at some of the opposition the Alastair Sawday website has a few propertys listed under Bed and Breakfast for the Algarve.
I have been looking and also find a lack of Bed & Breakfast adverts.
If anyone knows of a B&B within a mile of a good selection of restaurants and with a pool suitable for non-swimmers (and nowhere near Albufeira, VIlamoura et al) available Sept/Oct please let me know
Thank you
Normally Vila Gale Marina hotel , Vila Gale Ampalius Hotel, and Dom Pedro Marina hotel situated in Vilamoura do bed and breakfast option.
Just looked on the sawday site if that is all there is then there is a definite paucity of this type of accommodation and steppitoe should go for it.
For me it needs to be
1. In at least a village with more than one restaurant. Your customers will want to drink and not drive.
2. At least an insulated pool of a good size and with some shallow end
If you can have somewhere by September let me know! I struggling to find somewhere like this
I thought that all the hotels offer the facility of just bed and breakfast, in addition to half board and full board!
I think you may have missed the point,Dan.Steppitoe's explanation is here:
I mean letting out rooms in my house which would have their own bathroom and living/ dining area. We used to use B&B´s in the UK for weekends away.
;)
Much cheaper than most hotels and bookable for only two nights at a time.

We have now started to take bookings and it seems a popular option.

Thanks to all for your help.

:tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.