Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Breakfast?
9 Posts
Hi Boro red, the Turkish breakfast usually consists of bread, cheese, cucumber, tomato, honey/jam, olives and sometimes salami or boiled eggs.
Happy holidays :lol:
we have had brakfasts that very from bacon, eggs, beans etc with a selection of cereals, cheese, tomatoes etc all the way down to simply toast and preserve with the usual cheese, toms etc.
depends on the hotel and which countries their clients come from.
as far as times go, we usually find from about 7.30 till 9.30 but these vary from hotel to hotel

del949
Sometimes you also get yogurt....if so, try it with the honey! It's gorgeous :D Times sometimes go up to 10 - starting at 8 - usually variations on 2 hours.
Turkish breakfasts are so much more healthy than British fry ups. You may be able to have your eggs fried or made into omelets (which are great) but are usually boiled, tasty Turkish bread (I could live on it) - may be able to have toasted, cheese similar to feta or/and also mild cheddar, olives, water melon, tomatoes, cucumber, sliced meat similar to spam (must say I'm not keen on that) butter, jam and honey - tea, nescafe, juice, water. Worth getting out of bed for and keeps you going til lunchtime.

Normally served anywhere between 6 and no later than 10 in hotels - longer in cafes/restaurants
Thanks for the replies people. :D

Staying in a hotel is new to us as i have said we always stayed in apartments so we don't really know what to expect.

I know we have a mini fridge in the room so will be able to keep milk for our coffee in it!

Turkish breakfast sounds ok and as it has been said English breakfasts are not very healthy even if they do teats good!.

We can't wait to go now ......only 15 more days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had a week away with out the kids last year but this year we are going for 2 weeks i know i will miss them a lot but i am looking forward to it.

My husband keeps telling me they aren't "kids" any more the youngest is 18 and the oldest 21 and he doesn't even live with us any more!!..

So prices gone up much from last year?

Thanks

Red
I'm a bit like you Red! Youngest just turned 20, eldest is 23 and one in between nearly 22. I've not been anywhere on holiday without at least one of them since I was single!

I hope you enjoy yourselves and don't miss the 'kids' too much, I bet you phone them more than once!

Gosh you are lucky having mini fridge in your room - must be a posh hotel. I had to drink lukewarm water ugh.

I certainly dont think prices have gone up. Marmaris was cheaper than Altinkum in fact.

Tell us how you get on when you come back :-)
We went away 3 years ago and left the oldest one at home and took the youngest with us.
It was the first time EVER that i had been away without both kids and it was so hard i had a physical pain in my chest because i missed him so much.I couldn't even phone home to speak to him as i every time i heard his voice i cried!!! :(

Going away without both of them will be hard everytime i hear someone shout Mam i will turning round!! but i am looking forward to it.

I wouldn't say the hotel is posh but yes it will good to have a mini fridge in the room. It will so strange staying in a hotel..... it does feel "posh"!!!!!

You watch i bet i try to adopt a couple of kids while we away for a 2 weeks!!
we too have had holidays without the kids ..just been on a family holiday from the 21st july to 12 august and took an extra child .oldest daughter also was 7months pregnant we got back saturday and on monday i took 14 brownies on a pack holiday ,just got back tonite ..hubby as booked myself and him 2 weeks in marmaris for begining sept .he says we need the rest :lol: i dont know if i can take the pace by october i would have been ready but seeing as our first grandbaby is due then its a bit difficult, boro red you can always take my teen daughter if you want :lol: other peoples children are usually more well behaved we too are staying in a hotel for the first time .breakfast i dont think il be up for that :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.