Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Driver
Thanks for your post, I will only pursue the events that are relevant and like you say the state of the toilets are not relevant..I won't confuse Thomson or give them any excuses to wriggle out of this.

FWH...I have already filled in a complaints form in the resort and also whilst I was at Coventry I asked for a copy of the form to claim compensation for a cancelled flight, which I got, but only through asking, they were not going to give me one otherwise.

Mark....I will let you know how I get on, I may not get anywhere, but it won't be through the lack of trying.

Thanks to everyone else for your good wishes. :kiss

There are a number of issues that I want answers too.....

Firstly, the plane was not at Doncaster and never was going to be, they knew the night before that the plane was going to be grounded for 80 hours, therefore "events beyond their control excuse" or saying "technical faults" is not going to wash with me.

Why did they take us to Coventry when there was no plane there either until 4.50 pm.?
Why did they remove us from the hotel at 1pm which then meant we had over 3 hours at Coventry Airport :swear hole, could it be because they would have had to provide us with some dinner as well as breakfast.?

Big deal they gave us some breakfast, but anyone buying a drink would have paid for that breakfast in the daylight robbery prices and I bet that hotel must think their birthday has come when Thomson dump nearly 200 people in there.

A 5 pound meal voucher bought very little when the price of a small bottle of water was a pound and once redeemed no change was given in exchange for the vouchers.....this meant that having bought a "snack" at 3pm, we had nothing to eat until 9.30 pm....unless I wanted to buy another snack on the plane, well Thomson can go stuff, I had given them nearly 1,400 pounds. (sorry, on a spanish keyboard and can`t find the pound sign)

This brings me on to the following.....
I lost nearly a day of my holiday, I should have been there at 11.30 am Spanish time and instead I arrived in my hotel at 9.15pm.
I was advised at check-in to go straight down to the restuarant as it closed at 9.30 pm and as you can image there was nothing worth left eating.
This means that not only did I lose nearly a day of my holiday, but I also missed out on a gala night meal in a 4 * hotel and my first substantial meal was at 9 am the next day.

Sorry, but it just is not good enough and I could have understood it if they had bussed us straight to Coventry and a plane would have been available in an hour or so......I can appreciate that it is cheaper to take the passengers to the plane and not visa versa, but it does not seem logical to me why that the empty replacement plane could not have landed at Doncaster....
Finally....then of course you have the emotional stress and loss of enjoyment and at Coventry there was no where to sit in the shed, so people were dossing down outside on the grass verges.
I was wearing a cream pair of trousers and I didn't think or expect when I got dressed that morning that I would be putting my backside down on a damp grass verge and get grass stains all over them, I'm not being snobbish, but my trousers cost more than some people had paid for the flight

Anyway, sorry for the long post and the moan....I've found an internet cafe and the hubby has found a bar next door and I just had to get out of the sun :rofl
I'll say no more until I have any news.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiii
I've found an internet cafe and the hubby has found a bar next door and I just had to get out of the sun

Careful there - With the weather we have been having you will lose the sympathy vote.

Enjoy

fwh
Great to hear from you Sanji, and to know you've lost none of that killer instinct.

I think it was a cancellation but in the meantime have a great time and sort it out later.

Peter
Hi Sanji,
Best of luck with your complaint, I`m glad it`s not me who will be dealing with it, do`nt fancy facing you with all guns blazing :wink:
Best Regards, Brigger
Hi Sanji.

Sorry to hear about your nightmare journey.

A similar thing happened to us quite a few years ago, it does put a dampner to the start of your hols.

Enjoy the rest of your hols and give Dave a :kiss from Lizzie Foive, and here's one for you from my little man :kiss
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.