Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
beer and food
11 Posts
Hi mekkimart,
Bottle of local beer, Mythos (500ml), should set you back around €1.50-€2.00 in the bars and tavernas. A few places will offer a two for the price of one deal on bottled beers.

Expect to pay about €2.00-€2.50 for most spirits. Some places may be a lot cheaper, but there is usually a good reason...................!! Draught beer isn't that widely available in some of the resorts, but tends to be around €2.50-€3.00 a glass.

Cocktails can be as cheap as €2.00 but I've seen places charging €4.00-€5.00. Same advice as above, if it seems to cheap....let the buyer beware.

Supermarkets tend to charge around .90 Cents to €1.00 for a bottle of beer.
Haven't stayed in Lardos but stayed in Pefkos in 2004, so I'm basing these prices on that stay plus what we payed for drinks in Kos last year.
Hope that helps.
Have a good holiday, and remember, GMT stands for Greek Maybe Time, and it also stands for Greek Mythos Time.

Andy.
The answer to this question as always is it depends which resort you are at and where you drink.
We went to Faliraki in June 2004 and found the prices to be very reasonable.We paid about 1-1.5euros for local beer in a lot of bars but 2-5euros in most on Bar Street but always got a couple of free shots each.
On our day trip to Lindos we were charged 5euros for a half of beer in the middle of town and 6euros for a pint by the beach.
Shop around for a cheap place to start off before heading to the better/busier places later on is my way of doing it and I try to end the night with a pieceful beer in order to get to sleep easier.Course I don't know if I always do this as things often become a little blurred.
:glynis
I holiday in Lindos every year and have never been charged 5/6 euros for a beer - they must have see you coming toon-coyote :rofl !!
I thought that at the time but you live and learn.I think the bar was called the Sun Inn but not sure.As I said you have to shop around but on a day trip you haven't got time.Thankyou for confirming that I'm a bit naive and easily parted with my money,sometimes. :hmmm
Thats astronomical toon!! :shock:
Never heard of the Sun Inn but if it's on the main beach i wouldn't have been (i use the smaller, Pallas beach) - well i won't go out of my way to find it, not at those prices :yikes !
I've been talking to my son who I was there with and he reckons I'm losing my memory.He also reckons we paid 5euros for 2 halves in the town and 6euros for a pint and a bottle of water.
I don't know which is worse,thinking you've been fleeced or thinking you're losing you're marbles.And I'm only 37.GOD I'm 37,I am old :rofl
The bar on the beach was the first you come to as you head towards where the boats throw their passengers off,near the donkeys.I'm still trying to remember the name of the bar in town.........nah...the memory has gone. :oops:
The beachside bar could be Giorgos, that's right next to the donkeys. It's normally quite reasonable but they do LOADS of different beers and some are imported specifically for us Brits, they can be expensive. Maybe you chose your beer without seeing the menu/prices and picked one of the pricey beers.
But personally i'd lay off the beer if it's effecting your memory :lol: !
beer £4.75 litre
cider £6.12
Wine £2.59
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.