Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi bigmamtam,

Food & drink prices depend on where you eat/drink. Generally, the farther from the beach, the lower the price that you'll pay.

Cigarette prices depend on brand, with the most expensive non-local brands (Marlboro/Bensons/Dunhill, etc.) costing around 50 to 60 Leva for 200 (around £22.43 to £26.92 at today's exchange rate).
Hi

Whatever you do DON'T buy UK brands from the street vendors - they WILL be fakes.
Try Victory or Nevada which have government stickers on the packs - Bulgariatabac I think.
They have a variety of 'colours' which denote the strength.

John
NOt many returned from Sunny Beach yet. I am off there for a week on Monday, 24th May and will give you some idea of prices etc when I get back. If you eat around the market area, where there are many good restaurants, which are used by the locals you will get a much better deal. It is still possible to get a large local beer for about 45p.
Thanks guys you can always rely on this site for quick answers. Hmj I will await your return for more info and for anyone else who can add to this. Cheers ;)
Hi big mamtam.

This is alink to abulgarian site showing current cigarette prices in Bulgaria,hope i

http://tato-a.com/print.php?c=1&p=1&
http://tato-a.com/print.php?c=2&
thanks all for replying please keep any advice coming. Cheers. :wave:
Hi i am new on here i was just wondering if anyone has stayed in the polyusi hotel and if anyone no's how much strongbow is in lev as we are going to bulgaria sunny beach in two weeks staying in the polyusi hotel and just wanted some ideas on prices and things many thanks
Natalie, If you are buying imported beers/ciders etc then expect to pay same as at home. It is the local beers/spirits/wine that are very cheap in comparison.
Most places ( not sea front ) charging 1.50 lev a pint ( 65p) The Atol 1.30 lev, Malina's 0.89 lev ( except when the footies on )
Polyusi is a place for the youngsters and gets very mixed reviews, however, June may still be just that bit quieter.

Some reviews here
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g499086-d1064627-Reviews-Polyusi_Hotel-Sunny_Beach_Burgas.html
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/bulgaria/sunny-beach/polyusi-hotel/

Toonman
thank you for your reply is it true that you have gypsies round your ankles begging for things when you are out and about or when you go to the market.Would you recommend going to nessbar thanksnatalie
Hi Natalie.

yes there are sometimes gypsies who shall we say send their kids to beg off of you but usually a firm nay will move them on as to should you visit Nessebar the answer must be yes there are many restraunts there and the prices are a bit lower than S/B a good rule of thumb is if the Bulgarians eat or drink there it is usually good . :tup :tup
thanks for your reply we will have to visit nessbar when we go in two weeks. have you ever stayed in the olyusi hotel if anyone has then would you be able to let me know thank you
Hi Natalie. Im not a cider drinker, but I have a price list from Sharkies and a large draught Strongbow there is 6lv. Sorry never stayed in Polyusi.(Sever/Yug)
thank you for your reply if anyone has stayed in polyusi hotel would you be able to let me know what its like please
thank you lucy that was helpful and good to read those reviews do you know if they do lambert and butler cigs and do you know how many you can bring home. also can you take your own cigs out with you thanks :)
Only 200 cigs allowed home with you. Always cause confusion.

if you are going to Nessebar.....just get the bus, only takes minutes and doesnt cost much.
Give St Vlas a go as well. Some decent places to eat around the centre.
thanks for that and yeah will give it a try cant wait to go we go on the 18th june for two weeks thanks again
There has been a change this year, it is now 3200 cigs.

Beware of fakes best buy are the local victory cigs, very like L&B, various strengths, the darker blue the packet the stronger the cigarettes.

Patka

Edit - scroll down this forum, there is a specific topic on cigarettes which confirms my statement above.
Natalie, I smoke Lamberts, In Sunny Beach they will cost about 50/55 lev per 200 carton. In Bourgas airport I think they were 23euro. I buy VICTORY WHITE (Gold packet) same strength as Lamberts. They are 46lev per carton in resort. It was noticable last week that the vendors selling fake cigs on the streets have disappeared. I buy cigs and tobacco at the Mercury supermarket on Artist St.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.