Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Just checked Balkan holiday web site and to go to Sunny beach from Glasgow on the 10th of june room only for 1 week is a cracking £135. I just thought I would let anyone know as its even cheaper than trying to get a flight. That includes transfers Im sure. J
thanks for your replies very much appreciated when did it change to 3200 cigs you can bring home is the weather ok in june going into july thanks :)
hi could you tell me what tabacoo you can buy in bulgaria thanks natalie :)
hi if anyone has flown from doncaster airport to bulgaria would you be able to let me know if you can take cigs out to bulgaria with you and if so how many thanks :)
Hi June, with Victory the darker the colour blue, the stronger the cigs are. I used to buy the Blue, but in recent years have found the White to be better for me. They are the same price whatever the colour.
Natalie, I brought back some Golden Virginia. 10leva per 50g pouch. As Bulgaria is now in the Eurozone, you cannot buy duty free in the UK. Last January the limits were increased and you can now bring home 3200 cigs for your own use.
Thanks HMJ been smoking Victory Dark Blue for years Thanks for the reply will try the white pack this year June :cheers :wave: cant wait five weeks to go
thanks for your reply so cant take cigs into bulgaria with you then i am going to try the victory cigs do you no if they do samson tabacoo thanks natalie
Sorry forgive me for being a bit stupid, but I didnt think Bulgaria was in the european union yet, so why treat it as if it is. Not allowing us duty free on route to Bulgaria and then allowing us the european tax paid allowance of 3200 ciggys. No wonder Im confused :que
Didnt Bulgaria join the European Union in 2007 ???
yeah its stupid that you cant take cigs with you to bulgaria but you can bring 3200 cigs back from bulgaria to the uk
You can take cigs with you to Bulgaria Natalie, you just wont be able to buy them duty free at UK airports. I flew with Monarch a few weeks ago and they dont sell them on the plane either. It is exactly the same with other Euro countries, Spain etc. If you are allowed to buy duty free to take out, you would only be allowed to bring back 200. I know which rule I prefer.
Sorry Natalie, I cant help on the Samson tobacco, but they did have a good choice in the Mercury Supermarket.
thanks hmj for your reply i will buy some before i go an put them in my suitcase if you cant buy them from the airport or of the plane. its ok about the tabacoo i will just have a look when i get there. cant wait we go a week this friday for two weeks for my 21st woo hoo :cheers
Happy 21st Natalie. I am certain you'll have a great time and look forward to hearing all about it when you get home. Im off to Ibiza on 17th for a week, celebrating a friends 40th (15 women!!!)...I know it wont be a patch on my beloved Bulgaria though.x
thanks hmj yeah i will enjoy it spend time with my family there is 16 of us in total my little girls first holiday cant wait woo hoo :cheers
Hi Natalie.

yes you can bring back up to the limit of 3200 cigs from Bulgaria but be aware that you can only import 40 cigs into Bulgaria and at the moment they are trying to clamp down on tobacco smuggling :whoops
thanks for that mondeo wont take no more then 40 cigs with i will just get them when we get there thanks again natalie p.s does anyone no if anyone has stayed in the polyusi hotel recently thanks
Hi i am going to sunny beach on friday 11th june and i am staying at the polyusi does anyone no what it is like and can anyone tell me how much it would cost for a meal for 2 adults and 2 children roughly how much do you think il need for 2 weeks
hi we go to bulgaria on the 18th of this month we have never been but were going for two weeks staying in the polyusi hotel and were taking 1,300 pound with us which i hope should be enough hope this helps x does anyone no if you can buy nappies out there that are like pampers just in case i run out i am taking some from home but dont no how many i will use also can you buy swim nappies thanks
thanks natalie im just hoping this hotel is ok heard so many bad reviews once im over there i will post back and let you no what its like hopfully ok as im taking my 2 little girls
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.