Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Best to take the bus... its a 3K hike uphill on a sometimes very fast and winding stretch of road... not really suited for walking but there's a decent bus service from the front at Benalmadena.
If you're into walking there's one we do from Torremolinos station... down to the promendade, along past Carahuela, the Marina and Benalmadena seafront, down to the Windmill roundabout. Across the main road there to the park behind Benal Beach apts, round the park and the animal life, and on up to Benalmadena station... a good hour's walk and you could do it in the opposite direction, taking the train to Benalmadena (if you are feeling really energetic, the second part we sometimes do takes us along the coast road back to Torreblanca station, where we start out). Add another hour and a half on for that
jimg we do that route but in the opposite direction, we always have refreshment stops of vino and tapas :D in Arroyo and on SanMiguel street on the way down. :D
Excellent... could I recommend two more ports of call... excellent tapas in The Wine Bar at the top of the steps on Avenida Gamonal, opposite the Hercules apts, and Legends Bar in Bonanza Square... enjoy...
Thanks will try the walks and stops
Jimg thanks for recomendations, I have put them on my list. Any more you can recomend will be gladly tried and tested.

Colinandrew71 another walk we do is to walk up to Arroyo through paloma park, we then catch the train to Montemar Alto to see Batria park (spectacular views of the coast from here. We then walk down to the coast from here, which brings you out at not far from La Carihuela. You could try this in reverse order but make sure you have change for the tkt machine at the station.
Many thnks for that christine, will give that one a go, sounds good
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.