Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
:P hi, there is a lovely bar on the beach (the man made beach). it is really romantic at night and i only stumbled across it accidently. the outside of it is surrounded by rush matting walls and there are little tea lights burning everywhere. beautifull!!
this bar looks like it caters for locals only( or it was when we were there)but we were really welcomed.
Food is good in p/rico. you can have a lovely steak with peppercorn sauce for a really reasonable price. Also there is a nice restaurant up the hill,near the top centre. It is quite pricey but the food was nice when we went.

Hope this helps
jmiller
at the harbour you will find a few good restaurants, also in the bottom center..miquels, had a few good meals in there sorry can't remember the name off them all ,but lots off good ones, and reasonably priced. ah..the El Toro another :)
there are thousands all around the bars at teh Amadores beach (teh man made one ) are great for romanatic maeals and there are a few in teh Europa centre at thetop of the hill , the main centre again has lots and lots of bars and restaraunts of all types but is very busy in summer and i personally dont like eating in that centre as you seem to be on show all teh time

have a look at http://www.canaryforum.com which is a gran canaria website /forum but it was started mainly as a puerto rico site and has expanded but is still 805 rico especially in teh forum and you wil get lots of ideas for bars restarunts etc if you post teh same question

hope this helps
Oscars by the port is always a good meal, just be prepared for a bit of a wait because its usually busy, also the restaraunt next door in the courtyard,(forgot its name) is also good.

Also enjoyed Ciao Ciao at Amadores Beach and if you carry on the road past Amadores for about a mile,turn left and you will find a uncovered gem of a restaraunt which is part of a small holiday complex on the beach there, it looks a bit posh at first, brown tinted glass full face windows, lovely interio design witha nautical theme called Marinas. The quality and value of the meal was the best we had all fortnight, try it.
We also enjoyed meals at San Miguels in the main commercial centre.
It was fairly cheap the service was good and the meals were excellent.
Thanks everyone for the info. Its my first time to the island so i'm hoping for plenty of sun, sea & alcohol!! :wink:
I can also recommend San Miguels for good meals , We have had some great nights out in Molly Malone's irish bar upstairs in the commercial center. We are going back in February, Roll on. :D
try Sinatra's in the bottom center, very cheap for drink..also go to Churchill's for a meal, good food good choice and very fairly priced. try Tiffany's bar later at night the dj's a nutter...but good. :)
You wont be stuck for nightlife here, its great. Try Picadillys in the Commercial Centre if you are after a fun night, we havent been since May 04 but Dave the Dj and Michael the Bar man are fab. Cant wait to go back! :lol: :lol: There was great music in Molly Malones Irish pub and Churchills is good for food. Enjoy xxx :lol:
the best restaurant we went to was Sabadan 2 . the Sabadan 1 is at the front of the big precinct type place if you go thru the middle to the very end up the stairs and turn right its at the back of the block it is superb food and the service is good . (have steak ok)
you can see them cooking the grub from your table !!!!!!
the meal will fill your plate dont order side dishes they are not needed

enjoy
try el toro's for a decent steak. service is great if a little noisy. the staff made extra effort for my mates birthday and they make kids welcome. as mentioned in an earlier post, sinatra's is well cheap and worth a visit. enjoy :D
yes...el toro is a good meal also. back to cheap drink, you must go to M & M 's...its a tiny bar in the bottom center, down the far end,on the right, upstairs, next to the slow boat Chinese. hard to find, but really cheap. :D :D :D
:P yeh m and m's is great, last time we went they were serving drinks wearing roller skates,,,,quite unique!!
Just back from Puerto Rico, had the best time. Didnt do much eating out but upstairs in the Commerical Centre there is a good few resturants. The bars are really good, I would recommend Picadilly's its great fun and the bar staff are great, and also Convent Garden, best music ever and again the staff there are lovely. Was told to go to Harleys but didnt think much of it but try it out anyway. Wouldnt recommedn the Irish bars even tho im Irish they were all pretty quiet with an older crowd.
have a great holiday anyway - and Im NOT jealous!!!!
:oops:
the best restaurant in p.rico has to be REMBRANDT family run ,very very clean,5* food at 2*prices a must is the sunday roast..situated at the end of harbour above the hawaii bar :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.