Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
There are 88 photos of Protaras in our Cyprus photo album
If you want to click round the rest of the Cyprus photos just click on the Cyprus link from the Photo Gallery at the top of the forums. :tup
Thanks for that... I didnt see it on the forum.. I must be blind lol :tup
Nissi Beach is fantastic, also there is a beach in Pernera that's pretty. Pernera Beach Hotel overlooks it.

Personally Nissi Beach is the best!
One of our favourites is Konnos - and its not as "heaving" as some of the others in peak season
http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=34.983491&lon=34.07208&z=16&l=0&m=a&v=2

Ady
I would say, Macaroniss is the nicest.
I would agree and say Konnos Bay. It is beautiful and definitely my favourite beach. Potamos is also nice, near Liopetri. And Firemans beach, in Kapparis. Nissi is lovely, but gets too full in high season! Fig Tree Bay is also lovely. Protaras is a great place to stay when looking for nice beaches!
Nissi beach for me. Nice sand, crystal clear waters and loads of watersports.
I love Nissi Beach, You can walk out for ages in the sea and the water is only up to your waist.

I also love one of the Beach bars where the lovely barman Michael has worked for about 20 years, and he always make you feel welcome. I think the name is the Pelican Beach Bar.

Gail
Macronnissos gets my vote, as beautiful as Nissi but not so busy and not so many cig butts :duh
Are both these beaches near to Protaras?
I'm also staying there in May.
You can catch the bus to Nissi beach and Macaronniss from Protaras, is a , the bus is ok, but we hired a car last september, and then you can do half a day on both, i dont rate Konnos Bay at all, there are big rocks as you go into the sea, but that is only my opinion of course.
Thanks iallen, we'll be hiring a car, I don't dooooo buses. :)
:tup our favourite was pissouri beach... it is lovely... :sun2

Curlylocksm
Lara beach west Cyprus near the beautiful Agamas..surly the nicest part of Cyprus by a mile, personally I dislike sand so I avoid beaches..nasty stuff.. 8-)
http://cyprusliving.org/photogallery/nfpicturepro/albums/userpics/10002/ht.jpg
All the guide books will tell you that Coral Bay Beach is the best, but I have to say I think it's over-rated.
Agree too many tourist's, but drive five miles west and you come to Lara bay..nobody there..(above)
Thanks for all your suggestions folks, I've just bought a rough guide and I'll have a look at them all ;-)
Lara and some of the small remote bays with or without sand for me.

However BIG warning for everyone. The extreme currents which can be evident in the west of the Island should not be taken lightly. If you have any difficulty swimming or are weak, then stick to the municipal or hotel beaches that have life guards on duty and loads of people around to help you!!!
were are you staying caza ? as there is a small beach in Pernerna and also in Protaras aswell which is much bigger
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.