Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Spinner,
Goa has seen a big increase in the amount of kids and teenagers visiting over the past couple of years so there shouldn't be any problems with your daughter making new friends. Not sure which hotel to recommend but the Marina Dourada has a good following on this site ( check out the reviews).....maybe somebody else on the forum can advise you on Hotels
GFF xx
Been researching this hotel for a couple of days now and it certainly ticks a lot of the boxes. Thanks for that.

One question about it though.....it does seem to out on it's own, away from it all.

How much of a disadvantage is that?

Did you find getting a taxi everynight into town a bit binding?

Thanks for your help.
Not a disadvantage at all, it keeps it quiet (appart from market night) the start of the bars is not that far in distance but the roads are unlit & it gets pitch black, so a taxi would always be the best bet and and they are cheap.

Goa is really not a "clubby" place and you will be suprised at how early most places shut, there are a few later venues Club Cabana, Titos, or a few in Anjuna/Vagator area,

Are you intending accompanying your daughter..???
Don't think she's quite ready for night clubs yet! But she does like to talk / hang about with kids of her own age.

We get on really well and she would put up with me for the fortnight but I'm just thinking of her.

We're both not late late nighters and just enjoy good company along with good food and drink. However I like to be tucked up by midnight as I like to get up early to see the best part of the day!!

I've just seen the hotel on Google Earth and it isn't as far out as I had first thought.

It looks very likely now that I will be booking it for next Easter for the two of us.

Thx for your help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.