Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
the clob dorada palace is very good and its only 10min walk to the park or the beach and yes the park is brill your kids will enjoy it and the water park next door

yours the fatboy
Hiya

The Port Aventura Hotel seems to be the most expensive of the three theme park hotels. You might be better off with the El Paso. It's still only a 5 min walk from the park, and it seems to have quite large rooms (although I'm not sure if you will get 5 in).

You also get theme park tickets that cover your whole stay, which are probably worth 45 pounds per person, a cost which you need to factor in if you stay at other hotels.

The teens will love the theme park. Other thing is they could go up to the park of an evening after dinner, whilst you stay in the hotel for a quiet drink as its so close. Especially if you are all 'theme parked out' by then.

Teens also like Barcelona as apparently its a 'cool' city, so thats good for a day out on the train :D
Have a look at the Sol Costa Daurada, ok so some reviews on this website are not good we have been 4 times and ok it is not four star cuisine, but it is terrific value for money. I am 66 and my wife 61 we always go to the park just five minutes walk , and as doespmc says Barcelona is a super attraction for all ages boys especially like the football stadium the Nou camp, ideal for us.

Have great time wherever you decide to stay,

Enjoy

Dave.

ps Ryanair and the Costa Daurada Sol value for money.
Thanks for all your help...seems like the resort itself might be the best option.. particulary like the bit about access to the theme park.

Better start saving!!!!

Thanks again everyone.

:thanks
worth bearing in mind that although staying at the resort hotels gives you free access to the park, you can get a 14 day pass for about £50 each before you go.

the park is a step from town, so you wouldnt be in the thick of it for the evenings and need to walk or get a taxi. doubt you would be spending all of your time at the resort, or the resort hotels and Salou has a lot of nice places to eat and drink - would be a shame to miss out.

The Club Daurada Palace does split the different being halfway to Port Aventura and halfway to the beach and town. Its a nice 4* hotel - that is reasonably priced.
Thanks for your help Richie26

That is definitly worth looking into..Too be honest, thought i might have to take out a 2nd mortgage to stay in the EL Paso..Maybe this is a better way of doing it.
Do you know which travel companies use that Hotel?

Is there enough to do in the salou area for 2 weeks? or do you think 1 week would be enough?

:?

Regards
Marie
when i stayed at the Daurada Palace i booked with First Choice. I went in October 2005 and got a real cheapy! i would go self catering as the apartments are reasonably spacious. Talk from other people in half board was that their rooms were cramped and sometimes had three or four beds in one room

Salou for two weeks - i would say yes. Plenty of nightlife, lovely beach. easy to visit Cambrils, Tarragona, Barcelona, Sitges, waterpark at La Pineda and if you get your 14 day pass to Port Aventura you'll have plenty to do!
Hi if this could be your last holiday i would go for hotel portaventura you wont regret and the ages that they are they will love it,it really isnt as expensive as you think if you have a good shop around on the net and that they wont get bored of the park.I'd say go for it,
ann :)
Have you ever thought of booking you holiday independently. Try alpharooms for your hotel and ryanair for your flight, we have saved hundreds by booking ourselves, just a suggestion have a good holiday 8)
Thanks for that Suggestion Gill.

Definitly worth trying that!

The only problem i have now is trying to find a date that we can all make !!!!
:lol:
I have stayed at The El paso and it is lovely.

Its a newer hotel than the Portaventura one and a bit more modern.

There is also the fact that you can have dine around for when you are in the parks as with half board hotels if you are out for the day you have to be back for a set time, with the el paso you can take your daily food voucher and use in the park.

There are all differant dining choices from Mexican, Tex Mex, Chinese, Traditional and the usual burger bars to choose. If you dont want to do this you can eat at the hotel eat all you want buffet ,or pay a supplement to eat at El Coyote which is a bit posher but still reasonably priced.
The pool area is beautiful and if you want a day at the pool you can have a night at the park without queues either as you fast pass them all.
If you can afford it go for it!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.