Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Just had a look at The Mina A Salaam and to be quite honest, in my opinion, there is nothing as grand in Luxor. I suppose The Sonesta St George and The Old Winter Palace would be amongst the best on the east bank at Luxor.

There is one hotel which opened in 2002 which may be of interest, it is one of the only, if not the only hotel on the west bank of the river. It is called the AL Moudira and you will find its website here
http://www.moudira.com/v_2/
stayed at the sonesta st george in dec 2006 and it can not be faulted the rooms the food the staff,everything is first class and th location is very good handy for everything :)
Thanks for these.

The Al Moudira looks fabulous. Most reviews are amazing but 2 really slate it and would never go back.

I think the Sonesta could be ahead of the Movenpick so just need to make a decision.

Can't wait.
Carrot

Do you think being on the West bank would be an advantage or disadvantage for us?

We do want to see as much as we can cram in and are only going for a week so in your opinion would we be able to access all the temples, Valley of the Kings etc. easier if we stayed in the Sonesta rather than the Al Moudira or does it not really make much difference?

Thanks, we have been to Cairo, Sharm and Hurghada more than once but never Luxor so we are not really sure of the layout. :?:
Hi Noushkey,

I personally dont think it would make much difference which bank you stay on for accessibility of the sights. Its a bit "swings and roundabouts".
The passenger ferry operates all day and is very fast and cheap to get across the river. I believe all the major hotels that are on the river offer a water taxi service as well. For your information the two major temples and the museum are on the east bank and The Valley of the Kings, ditto Queens and various other must sees are on the west bank.

I would love to stay on the west bank, just to get a different perspective of Luxor after always having stayed on the east bank. Despite the odd "iffy" revue, I am determined to try the Al Moudira next visit!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.