Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
best luxor hotel
12 Posts
Trip advisor has a run down of all the Luxor hotels - we are staying at the Steigenberger Nile palace next year. If you have sky 3, they are doing Egypt holidays in a morning and it shows the nile palace on there - it looks lovely.
Hi we stayed at Sonesta St George and had a front Nile View suite and it was fab. It is in a good location within walking distance to Luxor Temple.
hotel sofitel..
very nice only two floors high each apartment block.
nice big pool. loads of amenities.

on the banks of the river nile. :tup
Have stayed at the steigenberger nile palace.Superb.I don't think you would be disappointed.I have heard the jollie ville is something else though,but it was fully booked.Good luck
Ray
Sonesta George, i would recommend that hotel, it stands out from the crowd and is gorgeous, we booked this hotel before and when going on the luxor trip and passed it.
http://www.sonesta.com/Luxor/
For me it would have to be the Jolie Ville without doubt.
We have a real "egyptophile" friend who always stays at the Jolie Ville. She's been going there for about 15yrs and has often travelled there alone.

She likes the fact it's out of the hubub of all that is Luxor, yet is very easy to reach the centre of Luxor in only a few minutes. Also, the whole complex is on ground level so no messing about with stairs or lifts.

She has just returned from yet another trip there only a couple of days ago and loves the way the work staff are there from year to year, which is quite unusual in the tourist industry.

Personally, we've never stayed there although we have visited it on a number of occasions. For us, it's a bit too far as we like to walk along the Luxor streets and so we tend to base ourselves within walking distance of either side of the Luxor Temple. We only stay on BB basis and eat out each evening. Our friend, if she is travelling alone, tends to eat in her hotel each night and stays in the hotel grounds but wanders through the town during the daytime.

Last year we stayed at the Sonesta St George and really enjoyed it. We booked through an agent in Cairo and paid $70 per night per double room with breakfast. We've also stayed at what was the Etap and also the Egotel (sorry, think that's changed its' name too), and the Isis and found the locations to be excellent for our needs.

A lot depends on what you want from your holiday.

Enjoy!

CwB
Is the Winter Palace Hotel still in operation? I stayed there many years ago and it was lovely.
Hi Judith :wave:

Is the Winter Palace Hotel still in operation?

Yes it is still very much in operation and lovely as ever, you can't beat afternoon tea there :tup
Brings back good memories, thanks

Judith
Hi,
The Maritim jolie ville is a superb hotel, it has two lovely pools, the rooms are spacious and are kept very clean, it is so quiet and peaceful to go back too after being in Luxor which is only 5 minutes away by taxi. They have a free boat and mini bus service at certain times of the day. We stayed there in February and are going back again in november. The food in the hotel is very good, we were on a B/B basis so we ate in town most nights, Snobs retaurant is good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.