Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
The only real last minutes these days are with Island cruises through cruise1st on TXT.

All the US ships need to have manifests and other stuff done at least 4 days out so thats a week really, they also tend to try to fill the ships a few weeks before.

On popular sailings the cancellation seem to comand decent prices but there are occationaly the odd deal but they go quickly.

Best to look for a deal on sailings that are not popular so that means for this time of year transatlantics(TA) and hope you can find the flights.

2 examples

3Dec NCL Gem for at £200pp for 9n TA

9oct NCL dream 15n TA £350ish
Thanks Windjammer, that sounds interesting but didn't really want T A as we are doing O. V. 2 next April 20 nights t.a. so just fancied a deal from Southampton thought maybe a company specialized in selling off unsold c abins (not as easy as I thought) will have too get other half on a plane
See an offer on teletext for Splendour of the Seas for under £500 including flight from London. Cant remember which agent also deals on Legend of the Seas and I see Century in November at £699 again you would need to check it out yourself.

Me I am busy organising a Caribbean on the QM2 for February. Still checking out the prices but got one for a reduction of £50 less on my best offer and I have booked with them before. Waiting to see what my usual agent can do and I will speak to her in the morning.

You can always call around and do what Martin Lewis the Moneysaving expert says just try to get different agent to either add some perks or to give you a better price. As long as you check them out for abta and ITOL bonding.
I want to fly only with BA or Virgin and also want a 4* and not a 3* in NY and want to stay in a particular part of the city. If you know what you want then it is possible to obtain it.

Good luck

Sue
Thanks Windjammer, that sounds interesting but didn't really want T A as we are doing O. V. 2 next April 20 nights t.a. so just fancied a deal from Southampton thought maybe a company specialized in selling off unsold c abins (not as easy as I thought) will have too get other half on a plane

You would have thought there would be, but I think the revenue people don't want a discount house, too many people would just wait.

Cruise1st is part of Island so they can do it, but it is the week before and only off season for the £299.

Fred Olsen often have deals out of season on their own web site but not seen anything for a while.

Ex uk they are popular but the short Fred cruises on Black prince seem to be good value(check it's for you)

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.