Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi,

I agree, Costa Adeje, Fanabe and up towards El Duque and La Caleta - there's some nice cafe's and restaurants, a little more pricey than Las Americas but the environment is far superior - by the sounds of it, just what you are looking for. Although not AI, we've stayed in Apts. Altamira for the last 2 years, which is a private complex, and we can walk out of the back gate and to the beach in about 90 seconds. The Bahia del Duque AI hotel is nearby, this also has very close beach access, although I'd expect it to be expensive.......you only get what you pay for though!!!!

You'd have to travel for Loro Parque, by bus or hire car, as it's in Puerto de la Cruz, on the northern coast.

Siam Park has free buses from 09:30ish onwards, takes about 15mins to get there. Also free bus back, you just need to choose your stop to get off at as it obviously doesn't stop right outside your hotel........

Mark and Pam
I agree with the other posters, Adeje is probably the nicest area in the south, though you'll need seriously deep pockets to stay at the Bahia del Duque, it makes the Eastern Caribbean look cheap.

However, as you're going in summer, why not also consider Puerto de la Cruz up the north end.
I've not stayed as we tend to go in winter (it doesn't get the winter sun like the south), but when we drove through I thought it looked rather nice and it's very convenient for Loro Parque of course.
Bahia Principe have an all-inc hotel there (the San Felipe) and if it's anything like their one in the south it should be very good quality.
If you want to be near Loro Parque you will need to stay in Puerto de la Cruz. It seems to be a nice resort, but I have only driven through it on my way to Loro Parque. I don't recommend an excursion to Loro Parque as there is plenty to see and they don't give you enough time. If you hire a car I would say Adeje is the best place to stay.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.