Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi Ramage9 :)

We were faced with these questions the first time we went to Tenerife.
In general, you get better weather in the south of the island (PDLA, Los Cristianos etc.) than the north (e.g. Puerto de la Cruz).

Los Gigantes and Playa de la Arena are usually OK for weather, but rather hilly, so not so good for your MIL.

January is their winter, but you should get some hot sun from 11 am to 3pm, and pleasant temperaturess before and after. My experience is that you may need a light jacket/jumper in the evenings, but not everybody agrees with me!

I can't help you much with accommodation ideas, I'm afraid, hopefully somebody who knows the south of the island well, will contribute.

Happy hunting!
Hello Ramage9
For self catering Parque Santiago 3 is a good choice, directly on the front mid way between Las Americas and Los Cristianos and a lovely flat promenade all the way along in both directions, but close to good shops and restaurants.
For hotels, Hotel Bitacora in Las Americas is central and always has good reviews, again close to everything you need.
Do you know which area you would like?
Hi - thanks for your messages.

I forgot to write that we would prefer Los Christianos, or maybe PDLA - so those places you mentioned might be worth a look.

Thanks again!
hi the sandiago complex are very good nr to front in beetween loscristanos and las americas or victoria court 2 is a good complex have a look on ownersdirect or holiday rentals or google private apartments to rent in tenerife south you will get loads up
hope this helps your weather in jan should be good but does go cool at night
We are going 16 Dec - 6 Jan for our first Christmas away as now retired (can't wait!). We booked in May and found it a real problem to find apartments but eventually found somewhere through Daltons Weekly. As you're not going until January it should be easier as people seem to book for Christmas and New Year a year ahead. Hope you find somewhere nice and have a good time.

Katy
Hi Katy, thanks for that. Hope you have a great time too.

If you don't mind me asking, where have you booked to stay. And how much do you think I will be looking at (though I need a 3 bed, and you may not he renting that type of thing).

Did you book flights separately?

Ta

T x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.