Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We were in the Side, Antalya area last year in February and didn't have any rain at all. People in the hotel were sunbathing every day. :sun2 But we found it to be great for long walks.
It was very cold at night though.
Side is a very interesting old town to visit.
It would need to be somehwere like Antalya if you want good weather. I lived in Bodrum and it wasn't good in the winter, lots of rain and really quiet cold.
we are going on the 20th of jan to the hotel paloma perissia in side,we have been before in january and it was quite pleasant...the hotel gets great reviews, so we are looking forward to it after the christmas mayhem....we just want to chill out and recharge the old batteries...we are going with thomas cook £500 for both of us for one week all inclusive...we are happy with that...i did see it a bit cheaper on there web site the other day,but it is dearer at the moment...hope this helps...Gavin.
I would recommend Antalya. It is a year round resort. :cheers Unlike Fethiye which is very quÃâ€ΕΎÃ‚±et in the winter.

I believe that flights to Antalya are more frequent than to Dalaman.

As for the weather, when it is good it is very good and to be fair that is most of the time. :sun2 But when it rains, boy does it rain. :yikes It rains stair-rods, cats and dogs and any other expression that you can think. Not for a few minutes but it can be for hours.

The lightning is spectacular and the thunder can be a bit loud.
Hi,
Thanks to everyone so far who has taken the trouble to reply, and to Gavin - we are flying from Manchester or Liverpool. It looks like it might be Side - now can anyone recommend a good smallish hotel or apartments, pref halfboard or all inclusive?
hi perfume..we are flying from manchester...9am i think. and to welshwanderer....try thomas cook....not sure if any one else goes to turkey at that time of year.....hope this helps...Gavin.
You could always go to Istanbul. At least if the weather was poor you could do sightseeing. However it can be very cold there then.
Melas Hotel (Side)is nice, got a lovely atmosphere - an older style hotel but the entertainment and food are spot on!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.