Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi

We've gone for the last 7 years (not in 2013 though) in February as we hop over to spend some time with my parents when they go there for a 4 week stay. We've found the weather is generally similar to ours in Cyprus but usually a couple of degrees centigrade cooler in Malta.

Weather here can be mixed in January with sun, wind, rain or with overcast days in between and anywhere between 13C to 18C

Can be pleasant in the daytime if you can get out of the wind - it's notoriously windy in the winter but definitely something warm to keep out wind or rain of an evening.

Found this: http://www.holiday-weather.com/malta/averages/january/

With a comparison of Paphos, Cyprus: http://www.holiday-weather.com/paphos/averages/january/
many thanks we havent been for about 10 yrs, hubby and I are going to bulgaria in september and taking our daughter to malta hopefuy in january, going to do flights separatly and accomadation, last time we went it was in july and too hot
we went for a week in january 2 years ago, although warmer than home we didn't see anything as it rained every day
Once went for a new years holiday and spent a week there part Dec part Jan and the weather turned out to be a mix of both warm and cold never sure if it was going to rain at any time, but we did get out and about.
If it is the history side you are going to visit for then it may well be the best time of the year as after the new year prices drop and if you are in a museum then it dose not matter if there is a bit of rain.
You will just have to keep a eye on the weather reports to see what days to visit outdoor sites.
Have fun,
Dave.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.