Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Best resorts?
6 Posts
Families - anywhere on Menorca (possibly a little too quiet for teenage children) Cala'n Bosch ideal IMO - good mix beach/restaurants/not too busy

Pretty - Cala Galdana - gorgeous horseshoe shaped bay and lovely still sea

Clubbers - nowhere in Menorca - stay away - PLEASE!!!!
I've only been to Cala n Bosch so cant offer much advice on the other resorts

Cala n Bosch is ideal for families with younger children. It has such a lovely marina and a great beach. It feels safe, if you know what I mean.

There are plenty restaurants and bars for relaxing in and as Nic said - Menorca is not the place for clubbers!!
The most Spanish resort in my opinion is Es Castell, it is 15 mins from the airport and a very Spanish small town
They have 3 hotels and some self catering apartments. No beach to speak of except a small rocky cove with sunbathing platforms.

The most child friendly resort would be Es Grau, the sea is so shallow, you would have to walk a long way to cover your knees! Only private self catering in that village though. Both thes places are in the south east of the island.

The most beautiful would be Cala galdana which is virtually in the middle of the island.

For me, it's Es Castell every time if you want to be with the locals.
Families: Cala 'n Bosch or the San Jamie area of Son Bou.

Couples: Cala Galdana, very scenic with a gentle atmosphere.

Clubbers: Your out of luck on this Island, go next door to Majorca.

Getting away from it all: Fornells, quaint fishing town in the North.

Prettiest resort: Binibeca, a 3km stretch of south coast which is mostly residential.

Most Spanish resort: Cuitadella, a strong Spanish feel with its narrow streets and working fishing town charm.
For families I would say definitely Calan Bosch.
Most Spanish is Ciutadella-love it.
The prettiest - difficult one this but I'd opt for Playa de Fornells.
I don't get Cala Galdana-dominated by an ugly hotel opposite an ugly car park.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.