Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Two Resorts
9 Posts
I'm not sure if any tour operators do this but you could easily arrange it yoursel. You could book a flight to Bodrum and a return from Dalaman, then book accomodation for both places. It takes about 3 hours to get from Bodrum to Marmaris and you can go by bus or take a taxi.

If you want any help on the Gumbet or Bodrum part give me a shout as I used to live there and should be able to advise you.

Kedi
Hi I have done this the year before last and again this year, we spend 2 weeks in Marmaris and then a week in Hisaronu. The first time I used a travel agent (Holidays 4U) and they arranged everything the hotels and the transfer between the resorts by taxi. This year I have arranged it all myself booked flights and hotels and transfers all on the internet. And it cost a fracton of the price. Its not hard and I was able to pick the hotels I wanted not just the ones that the company deals with. I think you should give it a go.
Hi thanks for the replies. How did you go about booking the flights? Who did you book with?

Thanks Alexa
I bookedmy flights with 'On the Beach' I am flying with Thompson from Manchester I paid £200 per adult then booked rooms with 'Alpher rooms' and transfers with transferonly.com all online.
We went for a month, 2 weeks Turunc, 2 weeks Dalyan as that was only 20 mins from airport, all diy on the net.
Just decide were you want to go, book your hotels and transfers, i would not have to big a distance between resorts and always go to the one nearer the airport last, we also found it cheaper it cost us £800 for 4 weeks accomodation with trans, flights on top, shop around.
In Turunc we stayed in loverly 2 bed apart, quiet area with pool, Dalyan we stayed in a hotel, so had the best of both worlds, give it ago you wont regret it.
Thanks for your help. i did contact H4u hols and they said their twin centre holidays are based on either the Bodrum peninsula or Marmaris peninsula. I would have to arrange my own transfer between the resorts.I dont seem to have a lot of options for flying into one airport and out of another. Will keep trying. Still waiting on a quote from H4u.

Alexa :)
Have you tried Icmeler Online ? They may be able to help you out with a twin centre holiday :)
A twin center holiday would be great and travel between the two is easy. Plenty of buses do the trip and i think it's only about 3 hours or so. Even better would be to go by ferry. There is a ferry to Datca that takes 2 hours goes at 9am and 5pm daily costs around £10 per person and is a lovely trip. You then get a bus to Marmaris they go about every hour and take an hour and the scenery is fantastic through mountains. Bus fare is is around £5 or less. You should really plan to stay in Datca for a couple of nights, you can easily find accommodation when you are there and it is such a lovely place, very different to Bodrum and Marmaris and well worth exploring. If you go to Maradonna's restaurant on the harbour he will tell you where to get a room and he is a nice chap. I think there are also ferries from Bodrum to Marmaris as well.
I travel there about 5 times a year to both Bodrum and Dalaman airports. Since the demise of XL I nearly always go by Thomas Cook and you need to look on the flythomascook website where there are loads of choices. I sometimes use A1 travel and flightline. As for hotels that is easy and most of them have web sites.
If you need a transfer from Marmaris to Dalaman you should expect to pay between £40-£50 for a taxi and I can give you the web address of the company I often use. Transfers from Bodrum airport to Bodrum are easy and there are shuttle buses.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.