Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
dont think you'll have a problem finding good nightlife.

Torremolinos plenty of bars and clubs
Benalmadena plenty of bars and clubs
Fuengirola plenty of bars and clubs

my favourite is Benalmadena - which has its 24 hour square- bars, clubs galore and then some cool places near the marina.
having been to all ,Benal is the better one,especially for the youngsters
I have done Fueng/ Benal on Stag Do's and found Benal to be the best. However if you are expecting Magaluf/Ibiza standard of nightlife you will be disapointed as they just do not compare.
:D We went to benalmadena last year, and I agree with last post. Personally we found the nightlife rubbish compared to some places we have been to. The 24 hour square was quite grotty, and nothing to write home about, (just a few bars crammed together, with loads of touts trying to get you into their bars)., we only came accross one decent bar (On last night), which had entertainment on (Comedians, hypotists, drag etc..). Yes there are plenty of bars, and if you are happy just to go in for a drink (with no entertainment), then you'll be ok. This is just my opinion, but wherever you decide to go, have a great time! Regards, BBB.
Your best bet is to mix and match your nights out.
Regardless of where you stay, be it Fuengirola, Benalmadina or Torremolinos there is an excellent bus service from each resort to the other at a cost of around 70p each way per adult.
Personally, I prefer Fuengirola as there's that bit more to do in the resort itself, the main bus station is there so you can easily get to other places such as Marbella etc and the buses run into Benalmadina and Torremolinos every half hour.
If you go out into Benalmadina every night of your hol you may soon get sick of the same places. That said it's still a good night out.
Just booked our flights to Malaga and not sure which resort to book the hotel in, a small group of 30+ girls (hen party), we dont want anywhere too rowdy (teeny boppers) but we are still young at heart so definitely out for a good time and a bit of party (not really up to the Kareoke scene though)... any ideas / advice on where to go... at the moment Belamadena is top of the list..

Thanks
I posted earlier on this as I was very disappointed with the nightlife in this area following a recent stag doo, however based on what you are after Benal/Torrem are ok as someone mentioned earlier you are only a train ride from anywhere, so you could do Puerto Banus one day and so on.
The 24hr sq is a bit of a hole and is only good really for 1-2 nights but this is prob not what your looking for. Whereas Torrem has a nice square with nice cafe bars and so on
Hi Martuk

Thanks for your reply, Ive been reading up on the nightlife & Im guessing that we are going to be a bit too old for the Square... We are not going for another 2 weeks so hoping that it may have calmed down a bit by then and the teenagers will be back home preparing for school, if not then if you cant beat em join em I suppose!
We will def be going out into the resorts regardless of which one we stay in but Benalmadena is on hold at the moment, we are just a bit worried that we will all look so old.
Last time I was there it was 1980 and my mum informs they were building the marina at the time, I only remember having an interest in the swimming pool and ice cream at the time..
Hello Berri

Have been to Benal/Torremo for the last couple of years after an absence of a few years.

As people have said previously neither has the abundance of bars of say Magaluf or Benidorm but it does have some quality places for nights out with decent entertainment.

Like yourself I'm the wrong side of 21 :D by a long chalk but I'm not ready for the pipe and slippers just yet. I like B/T because you have the option of a nice quiet start to an evening and liven things up if and when the mood takes you.

You can get hold of a local ( English speaking) paper in most of the bars which lists forthcoming entertainment in the area and can help you plan ahead.

The 24 hour square in my opinion should be avoided particularly at weekends where the locals are known to mix with the tourists to earn the Ambulance and Police Service their bonus payments.

That apart I'm confident yourself and your party will have a great time. I shall be flying out on the 26th with my partner and daughter (16) and we're all looking forward to it immensely.

Good luck and pop back after and let us know what you think.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.