Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Try Icmeler, which is much quieter than nearby Marmaris which becomes very busy in August, though there is still plenty to see and do, it has some nice free beaches - though buying a drink or two from the hotel/bar that owns the beach is customary - and the whole resort seems much more child friendly than Marmaris which is more geared up to young party animals.
Am not sure about AI in Icmeler but am sure someone else can advise you on this.
i've just booked for the l'etoile AI for next july. usually we do self catering, but thought we'd try AI and still go out at nights and visit Richards Bar etc.

our price is about £2246 for 2 adults, 1 child, the other daughter hasnt quite decided if she's coming with us cos she'll be 18 next year. having priced up self catering its something between £1500 and £1800 and with an average of £1000 spending money which majority is on food we thought we'd try it.

My eldest daughter friends parents stayed there same time we were at Vinces and they reported back the rooms were nice, only metres away from the beach and in the middle of everywhere and opposite prince's bar so loads to do and not far to walk. They were happy with the food and drink situation as well. Their hotel room sounded miles better than what our apartment was.

My mum and aunty are thinking of going as well and aunty cant walk far so icmeler good for that and the hotel has a lift which is a big plus - am sick of walking up loads of stairs in self catering apts.

Thomas Cook and Direct holidays go there, but try and get it price matched as well, i booked with the co op yesterday, and they were just £30 dearer but i paid low deposit so thought was worth it.

Bev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.