Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I think you need to get out more!
not if it means meeting you!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted:
I will be in Torremollinos in 2 weeks and I too need to catch up with the house. Having a holiday is about having a good time and watching Big Brother will make the time away Brilliant!!!
Well if you are unlucky enough not to find a bar with BB on, try spending your holiday in an internet cafe and watch it on-line.
I asked the same question about Rhodes as I will be away for the last week and you would not believe the slagging I got. I am sure you will have no problems finding a bar that shows BB we were in spain a couple of years ago and the ones that show corrie and eastenders normally show BB as well.
Regards
Anne
What sad people there are ..... you are going on holiday to Spain, what about seeing the country.

Stay at home if you want to watch this rubbish.
We can do both what about all the people who go to Spain and only see the inside of pubs. Or to me what is really sad is people that go all that way and then spend all there time sitting by the pool or on the beach. I can assure you that I do lots when I am on holiday and if I want to spend a hour watching big brother with a drink in my hand then what is wrong with that. To each there own or live and let live.
Anne
How a member decides to spend their leisure time on holiday is up to them. If you cannot provide constructive assistance to the member then please do not post within this thread.

Each to their own.
Well said moderator. Holidays can be fun too, whose to say what relaxes or excites people most whilst on vacation?
Just relax and enjoy your holiday and soak up the lovely atmosphere of Spain whatever you do!!!!!
Rather depends how you define constructive.

My advice was if you go to Spain try and see the country and the Spanish way of life. I would say that was extremely valuable and constructive advice.

If not .....why call this the Costa del Sol site .....why not retitle it English Soaps and TV abroad ?

Sorry if this upsets anyone but I like the real Spain and never watch TV abroad apart from say the 30 mins news. I go to a foreign country to visit the country then eat and drink in their own bars and restaurants. If I wanted English bars, fish and chips, macdonalds, etc. I go to Skegness, Yarmouth or Blackpool.
I am totally against All inclusive for the same reason I know people that go A.I. for two weeks and never leave the hotel complex. What a waste of a holiday why not stay home and get bladdered and save the money ?
Just my opinion which I am free to express.
I agree with a lot of what you say although I think that partyanne does want to enjoy Spain as well as watch BB.
But for those that just want to lay by the pool/beach eat and drink in English bars/restaurants my constructive assistance would be to say that it is cheaper to stay the UK and buy a sun lamp.
Rather depends how you define constructive.

My advice was if you go to Spain try and see the country and the Spanish way of life. I would say that was extremely valuable and constructive advice.

Sorry Tony, but your advice was neither valuable nor constructive in relation to the question being asked.

Members, can we please just respect one and others opinions, and bear in mind that one mans meat may well be another mans poison.

We are all entitled to expect and get what we want from a holiday, without fear of being questioned on what we should or should not do whilst there.

If a member asks a civil question, then we should reply in the same way without having to criticise.

Kath HT Admin
I agree Kath, far too often posters give unwanted opinions but not answers to simple questions. .
Tony- Did the person ask where the nearest fish n chip shop's, mc donalds were for god's sake? NO! So why presume? Did they mention that they were going all inclusive?, and that SHE/HE was going to spend all their time around the pool? NO! So why your comment about all-inclusive? This wasn't even mentioned in the original posting! All the poster asked was if there was a pub which was showing big brother, what the hell is wrong with that? (And before you "Presume", I'm a fan of BB, them No I'm not, I have never watched it), and the original poster may well spend all day every day "Seeing the country, and visiting the spanish way of life", for all you know, taking an hour or so on an evening, to relax, and enjoy, catching up on a programn which they (and thousand other's), are enjoying at the moment (Without getting bladdered!). Regards, BBB.
Hi
One of the things that I and I am sure many others like about the Costa Del Sol is tha there are so many diffrent things to do there. There are many great excursions some great beaches everysort of accomodation its a very easy area to get around in and I would say that it caters for everyones taste. If you pick the right resort for the kind of holiday you like then Costa Del Sol can let us all have the holiday we want.
To all of you lucky people going to Costa Del Sol this year have a great holiday
Happy Hols
Anne
Yes I agree with all your comments PartyAnne, well said.

What a wonderful place.

My apologies if my previous post caused upset and point taken.
Hi :lol: :D Bellyballyboo .... thats a strange name ?

Where did that come from ?

Are we friends now ? As fellow Costa del Sol lovers.

Tony.
:D Hi Tony of course we are, I'm sorry too for "Going off on one!", don't know what came over me :wink: I really am a nice person, it's the first time since I have been a member on HT, I've actually aired my opinion to that extent!

Have a lovely weekend, and I'm sure we'll speak again soon on the costa del sol forumn!! Regards, BBB.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.