General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Bikini sizes
36 Posts
I just find them all to have the most inordinately small bottom halves. I guess it's just the fashion for 'low slung' things. I am wishing that they bring back the high cut leg options - they are, after all the most flattering. Seems like our only options are quite teeny or total cover up and nothing in between.

Do others know what I mean?
Hello,

I have just got a bikini from figleaves online. Now, they are a bit pricier however you can order the top in bra sizes (particularly good if you have larger boobs) and then oder separate bottoms. I am a 14 on bottom and got this size by the make Freya and it is spot on.

Also, they have lots of higher bikini bottoms....some are even ones that you can fold down to suit how high you have them...I am waiting for that one to come.

I don't like the low slung bikinis and these are great...even the normal one from Freya fits very well. Comes up a nice way on the front, lovely high legs to flatter yet good bum coverage too. Would highly recommend.
I understand totally SandC, I am a mother of two even though I am a 12 I still have the slight stretch marked 'jelly belly' caused by pregnancy. I hate the tie string bottomed ones, flimsy looking things and most of them disappear when you start to walk, they never look flattering on me and I'd always worry in case they come undone :yikes
I bought 2 tops from figleaves as well last year after spending hours and hours going round the usual haunts of M+S and debenhans to try and find one that was underwired for my boobs and had shorty bottoms to hide my stretched marked tummy :( .

unfortunately their shorty bottoms wernt the right shape for me but i found some great shorty bottoms on the freemans website in plain colours to match my new tops. I have to say no the tops were not cheap but worth every penny . you can find figleaves promo codes for a decent discount on http://www.hotukdeals.co.uk

lyn
Thanks for that info squirrel and Lyn, I will have a look. It's actually worth spending a bit on a decent bikini or two seeing as I keep mine for years anyway.

I don't like the shorty ones but I think squirrel knows the shape I mean - they are high enough to cover the bottom of your tummy but because the legs are high as well they are far more flattering than most of the ones which are around now.

Figleaves it is then.....
It would be worth looking at the Bravissimo site too - epecially if you need a D or bigger cup size. The nice thing about their stuff for bikini wearers is that in some of their ranges they offer a number of different style tops and bottoms that will all match each other. So you can choose between tankini, triangle and underwired tops (all properly bra-sized) and shorts, hi-leg briefs and tie-sides to get the perfect combination for you. Like Figleaves, they're not cheap but they are well made and I find their customer service much, much better and they're mail order service quicker. Stuff is usually delivered within 48 hrs for their standard price.

SM
yep here you go http://www.figleaves.co.uk . you also get a good cashback if you go via http://www.quidco.com. I was also just about to say have a look at bravissimo too Sm . http://www.bravissimo.com/
I've hit upon a problem with the Freya range.

Their bikini tops are all for larger sizes. No less than DD apparently. That's a bit off, I don't have enough to fill anything more than a C, and more likely a B. :(
I'm normally a size 12 but I have to buy my bikinis as separates because I find the 12 bottoms dig in to my tum. I always go for a 14 bottom and 12 top, although sometimes a 10 top fits.
It's irritating me a bit actually. It seems to assume that you only want high cut, larger bikini bottoms if you also have a very ample busom.

I don't want belly warmers, but likewise I don't want little hipster, low rise bottoms either. :que
In my experience you really do get what you pay for with swimwear unfortunatley.

Asda, Primark, Tesco et al are ok and very cheap but they don't last long and they're flimsy made IMO.

I like Figleaves and Lepel are very good too, I also highly recommend Debenhams for choice and true sizing :tup
If like me you need 2 different sizes (12 bottoms, 20 tops), then I don't think you can beat Bravissimo. Bravissimo are expensive but really last. I have a few lovely bikini's from m+s but the only problem is one is white and has gone slightly off colour. Does anyone know of a whitening product that actually works as I tried Dylon whitener and it wasn't very good?
Becki
Bravissimo carry alot of the same ranges as Figleaves. Try on in the Bravissimo shop , get the correct size and if you can wait for your items, order from Figleaves at a discount.
Hi I know where you are all coming from. I recently lost 10lbs for my hols. I managed to get into 10 jeans and am 10/12 tops. All my bikini bottoms are 14s, the tops 12 or 14. OK so I'm still a bit curvy (not the boods unfortunately :( ) but come on shops, get them right! Still I should be thankful I used to be a size 22 so I don't mind what size it is as long as it fits. Its just a pain having to take stuff back or have to try it on in store.
I've gone for a couple from Triumph. I've still ended up with a bigger top size than I actually am but it's halter neck so it should be okay.

I can't quite get that some of these swimwear ranges don't go larger than size 16 bottoms yet the tops are no smaller than DD or E cup. :think
thanks for the replies, I'm glad I am not alone and thanks for the links, will definitely have a look.

Well done Pandypotter for the weight loss :tup takes some doing
wow pandapotter, thats great!! Ive got 25 days to go and purposely brought hol clothes a size smaller and they are now tight so a little bit more to go. Problem is I am going to be all in for 2 weeks so will most likely be back to a size larger when I get back!!! :que

I had a major huff in Primark last week, found my bikinis in my separate sixes but in different colours!! Gave up after spending an hour going through and went to ASDA!!
I had to take a bikini back today, as size 12 was too small. The girl thought I was mad when I said it was small.

We are going AI as well for two weeks. I try to be a little careful but all said and done it is my holiday. I try to keep off calorie laden cocktails. All that dieting then, it goes back on. Mind you I'd have to go daft to put 10lbs back on!

Hopefully all the bikinis still fit me by week two.
If any of you ladies are lucky enough to live in the north east, perhaps you should try Sadie The Bra Lady, she or one of her staff will personally measure you up and fit you for a bikini top, then you can buy the bottoms seperately. She doesn't advertise bikini's on line but they are available in her shops which can be found here.

http://www.sadiethebralady.co.uk/shops.asp

Give her a call. ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.