General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Tesco Bikini's
25 Posts
Sainsburys has also got some cracking cheap bikinis for all shapes and sizes, plus kaftans flipflops etc. Worth waiting for their 25% off weeks! Just bought a pink spotty bandeau style with detachable straps to add to my drawerfull. I can't resist a new bikini although being 57 perhaps I shouldn't still be wearing them. Does anyone think there is an upper age to bikini wearing???
I agree with you Cazz, for £10 a set you'd think it was cheap and nasty but they are a perfect fit! :tup Tesco also do the little triangle string bikinis too, they stocked a good few colours and were only £5 per set. I bought my teenage daughter several for that price.

I bought the black/white polka dot halter neck bikini set from Tesco a few weeks back for myself and was well chuffed it only cost £10. I was really surprised the top was underwired and slightly padded all for only £6.

My only gripe when buying swimwear is I find the sizes quite small at times no matter wear I shop, I normally wear size 12s in trousers yet have to buy size 16 bikini bottoms; maybe I just have a big bum in the summer? :rofl
Rachincov......I have the same derrier :rofl

Age wise.....I don't know....I'm 46 and mentioned bikini's at work. One girl, who is 35, says when you hit 40 you shouldn't do the bikini :que :que and even a younger bloke thought I should possibly where a tankini, cheeky bugger.
I feel comfortable with my body to still where one...when I don't I'll cover up. :-x
Hi
I have the debate with myself every year as to should I wear Bikini, tankini or costume. Feel too old for a bikini,but then when I go on holiday I see others in bikinis and I wonder why I worried, just not as toned as I used to be. I need to feel ok about myself. This year I am taking one of each.
I have seen a lovely brightly coloured leopard print costume in Tesco but they didnt have my size ,so another trip is called for this week :tup
M
Asda's "cheap" bikinis are really good too. I have problems up top as well but they sell them as separates so I can buy the size to fit. Usually have to buy a 16 but its only a number in my opinion ;) .

I dont think there should be an upper age limit on when to stop wearing bikinis. If your comfortable enough wearing one, then who are others to criticise. I spent a few years not wearing one because I was overweight and just didnt feel happy but as soon as I lost the weight, the first thing that I brought for my holiday was a bikini. Go for it I say :tup
Hi margaretcarroll,

Is it this one, dont know the size you are looking for but you might be able to get it online.......by the way great swimsuit.............I LIKE IT......I buy my bikinis from Tesco and I am happy with my body and shall continue to waer them especially as I see some sights on the beaches when I am away.

http://www.clothingattesco.com/womenswear/F+F-Leopard-print-swimsuit/invt/jo011089&bklist=icat,4,shop,catgwomens,womens-swimwear

Angie.
Angie, I saw that one but the bikini's arn't underwired. I just got the plain purple one with pinky metal clips on top and briefs.
http://www.clothingattesco.com/New-In-Womens/F+F-Plunge-bikini-top/invt/jo012259

Oh great, now they are even cheaper! :que :(
Hi Cazz,

I was only looking at that same purple one today,I too need a formed cup as I dont want the boobs sagging :rofl but as I bought 6 bikinis last year from tesco I was seriously wondering do I need anymore. :que
Dont suppose a girl has ever got too many. :think

Angie.
Thanx ladies you've just got me ordering a new bikini £8.00 i cant believe the price..
Definately great prices not to be missed. :rofl

Angie.
ladies i am at the age where i feel more comfortable in a Tankini than a Bikini 54, had surgery 2 years ago and am scarred from my belly button down to my pubic bone , so feel the tankini gives me that little bit more cover up , but i love looking at bikini's . I also am top heavy so prefer to mix and match my tops and bottoms rather than buy a standard size for the set. And for all those ladies out there that do wear bikini's whatever shape or form i admire them for being happy with their body shape and size . I just dont feel comfortable in a full swimsuit
Hiya Ladies,

Well, I adore looking at all swimwear, but I wear a cozzy, I am very top heavy, lets just say, if I hang my bra on the line, campers would move in and spend the evening under canvas........................lol

I am a size 12 and very small waisted (nothing grows in the shade) but I think like most women past a certain age, we become self conscious and self critical. I think if you are comfortable with how you look, then go for it, and, at the end of the day, what's the worse that can happen?

So, like my friend Gok would say, "You go girlfriend" and let the Tesco bikini do us proud.

Hope you all have Fab U Lous holidays, and whatever your choice of swimwear, Wear it with attitude. Mmmmmm Mmmmm

:tup
I like your style, triflebum - although I'm only 5'2'', I am, shall we say, rather 'voluptuous' and for years, spent my holidays covering up. I would rather have died than wore a bikini. However, perhaps it's with getting older, I don't know, but a few years back, I threw caution to the wind and bought myself a tankini. Well, that was it - I then graduated to a bikini, albeit it not one of the more skimpy styles, and I've now decided that life's too short to spend it worrying. Am I comfortable with my body and all its lumps and bumps? Am I heck - currently at WW and lost almost a stone so far (and counting - and then some!) but hey, you're a long time dead, as they say, so yes, I am going to embrace that kind of attitude and as long as I feel reasonably comfortable and enjoy my hard-earned holiday, then so be it! Life would be very boring if we were all the same shape and size anyway.... ;)
Too right blondiescot

And anyway, who's to say what is a perfect shape anyway? Thank God we are all different, and, I think no matter how good we look, there is always something we think we should or could do to improve,?????? Time to worry is when we can't afford the holidays to show our tanned and taught bods off.lol

Life is far to short to worry about a few extra pounds, and like you say, how boring would it be if we all looked like chuffin stepford wives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Blah....

Party on People, and holiday to the max.

Trifle

p.s. Well done on the weight loss, Good on ya x :tup
I'm with you ladies on your thoughts i could'nt have put it better myself power to us women with all our lumps and bumps i'm getting to old to bother what others think now lets all have a good holiday where ever we go...
Well, my daughter tells me I should be proud of my stretch marks because it's where I carried her and her sister, how sweet is that? I think I care less about what people think the older I get. I certainly don't think there is any set age where you have to stop wearing bikinis. Whatever you feel comfortable in I say. I also like Tesco bikinis, I usually buy a couple of cheap ones from there but I also treat myself to one or two from Next because they always fit really well and last more than one summer.
I'm also rather top heavy but feel claustrophobic (can't even spell that :oops: ) in a swimming costume + they are cut too high on the legs to hide my disaster area .

I always buy tops from figleaves/Bravissimo and then mix and match them with plain cheap short style bikini bottoms . I do have to search high and low for the more generous cut styles that not only are low cut across the top of the legs but high enough to cover as much as possible of my flabby and stretch marked tummy.

fantasie do a selection of bikini bottoms with adjustable sides that are very useful .

Will definately have a look at tesco now.
I love that purple Tesco bikini. I was only there shopping a couple of hours ago but as I had hubby with me i didn't visit the clothing area :( I'm just wondering whether that bottom is slightly too low for me. I'm not into the high waisters but do like it to come half way up my tummy.

Does anybody know if Tesco have a free delivery offer at the moment?
Shirley,

I bought some books for hubby the other day off the site and could put a code in FREEDELIVERY2010 if the order came over £15.00 but I dont know if that is for books only. :offtop

Angie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.